News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

Metrolinx: Construction beside Bayview Extn on GO tracks

dowlingm

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been noted elsewhere, but can someone tell me what is going on with the works specified in the thread title? Passing on evening Bloor-Danforth trains it's hard to make out whether the works are rail related, road related, or something else entirely. TIA.

Could it be bike trail related? There are upgrades coming to some of the city's bike paths this year as part of the Pan Am Path.

From the subway it appears they're doing something to the track bed. The gravel is very clean looking in that area. It may have something to do with last year's storm. The track is right up against a bend in the river at that point (the first bend south of Danforth, as you can see on Google Maps).

Hard to see through the bridge work westbound but from a look this morning I *think* they might be doing some river bank reinforcement, using the crane to lift the rocks over the tracks.

They are extending or building a new storm sewer, and that is the outflow location. Because of the proximity to the tracks, they have built a shoo-fly around it. They also seem to be quite keen to get the work done, as it is frequently on-going at night.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

They are extending or building a new storm sewer, and that is the outflow location. Because of the proximity to the tracks, they have built a shoo-fly around it. They also seem to be quite keen to get the work done, as it is frequently on-going at night.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
thanks Dan. I looked in InView but some of the links go to 2013 work which is very frustrating. There is a construction note on the 2014 map but the resulting link doesn't give any info.

thanks Dan. I looked in InView but some of the links go to 2013 work which is very frustrating. There is a construction note on the 2014 map but the resulting link doesn't give any info.

I seem to recall that it is a TRCA project, rather than City of Toronto. That may be why it isn't appearing properly in InView.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

An elevator to connect Castle Frank/Bloor to Bayview and a potential GO station would be super convenient.

Would it? It's about 350 metres horizontally from the tracks to the eastern edge of Castle Frank station. It's only about 400 metres horizontally to the western edge of Broadview station.

Would have to be a funicular. But wouldn't be a particularly fast transfer.

Would it? It's about 350 metres horizontally from the tracks to the eastern edge of Castle Frank station. It's only about 400 metres horizontally to the western edge of Broadview station.

Would have to be a funicular. But wouldn't be a particularly fast transfer.
It hasn't made sense from day one and you noted the reason why it doesn't. Don't support the idea. It is in the flood area.

You would need at least 3 high speed elevators as well one hell lot of stairs to climb the tower.

You could build a underground tunnel to the 2 stations on a slop, but still need more than 2 elevator at Castle Frank

Back