News   Mar 18, 2024
 762     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 770     0 

2014 FIFA World Cup

Is it wrong that I put way too much focus on each player arm folding technique during graphic introductions :eek:

It's been a great World Cup so far, lots of offense and even a cool upset with Costa Rica beating Uruguay, VIVA concacaf !

Yea the arm folding thing got me too. There is always one player who awkwardly doesn't do it and I crack up every time.

Forza Azzurri.

Costa Rica did it again. I know they were super-annoying whenever they played Canada in Concacaf qualifying but it certainly cool and shocking they going toe to toe with the best of South America and Europe.

Not sure if this is good or bad for Canada. It does give credibility to Concacaf but it also seems like now an impossibility for Canada to be in the top four to make it in the world cup with the US, Mexico and now Costa Rica being so solid.

Costa Rica did it again. I know they were super-annoying whenever they played Canada in Concacaf qualifying but it certainly cool and shocking they going toe to toe with the best of South America and Europe.

Not sure if this is good or bad for Canada. It does give credibility to Concacaf but it also seems like now an impossibility for Canada to be in the top four to make it in the world cup with the US, Mexico and now Costa Rica being so solid.
There are plans to expand the FIFA World Cup to 40 teams, with more from Asia, Africa, and North America (which would mean that Canada would have a better chance of qualifying). Alternatively, Canada can host the World Cup. Qatar never qualified in history and their first time playing in the World Cup would be when they would be hosting it.

There are rumours of expansion to 40, but no plans. An extra CONCACAF spot or two would only help Canada if we could reach the final qualifying round, which we haven't done since 1998.

With sponsors now starting to complain about all the bad publicity, it's quite possible the 2022 World Cup will get taken away from Qatar. Apparently the U.S. would get the Cup if that happens.

There are rumours of expansion to 40, but no plans. An extra CONCACAF spot or two would only help Canada if we could reach the final qualifying round, which we haven't done since 1998.

With sponsors now starting to complain about all the bad publicity, it's quite possible the 2022 World Cup will get taken away from Qatar. Apparently the U.S. would get the Cup if that happens.
The best chances for Canada to be in the FIFA World Cup is if the 2022 FIFA World Cup is not moved to the United States (because it would mean that Canada would have to wait at least eight more years before it can apply to host, due to FIFA's policy on hosting by confederation).

Costa Rica has their best team ever and countries go through those generational swings....it does not mean that they are all of a sudden a lock for one of the CONCACAF spots.

Think of Belguim.....all of a sudden they have squad that is very competitive in this year's world cup......going to the round of 16....one of my pre-tourney picks to be in the QF (not just me)....but that does not mean, all of a sudden, they are some kind of European super power....they are going through a generation where everything has clicked and they have a good team. People are talking about them as if they have always been like this and always will be like this....but I doubt it. Ask yourself how they did in 2010 and 2006 World Cups?

The only "powers" in CONCACAF are Mexico and the USA....Canada has to be working on being one of the "likely" teams to be in competition for the other spots (this year held by Honduras and CR)......that is how we will get to world cups.

There are plans to expand the FIFA World Cup to 40 teams, with more from Asia, Africa, and North America (which would mean that Canada would have a better chance of qualifying). Alternatively, Canada can host the World Cup. Qatar never qualified in history and their first time playing in the World Cup would be when they would be hosting it.

I am not sure we need another Asian team, they had a real bad showing with only Iran put up a decent fight but still didn't score in their two games. Hopefully South Korea steps up in their last game. But Japan and Australia (who came from the Asian group) had a point between them after playing their full three games.

That Suarez guy loves to neck. What a romantic.

I am not sure we need another Asian team, they had a real bad showing with only Iran put up a decent fight but still didn't score in their two games. Hopefully South Korea steps up in their last game. But Japan and Australia (who came from the Asian group) had a point between them after playing their full three games.

That Suarez guy loves to neck. What a romantic.
Iran scored, but lost.

Look at how many national squads are in Africa (more than UEFA), but currently, only five can qualify.

Asia can have more national squads qualifying.

Back