News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

What are your thoughts on this floorplan and how would you decorate it?

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
I like the layout and use of space. My only issue is the linear kitchen. I need to figure out how to add workspace and an eating area. What are your thoughts?

1.jpeg

an island/table combo that's about 2 ft deep x 10 ft long - 5 ft island + 5 ft table (either counter or table height).

it should be parallel with end of sink counter so that you have about 3 ft clearance by the refrigerator to open and traffic circulation.
since the stove/fridge end of the room is wider, a table at that end wouldn't block traffic flow either when seated.

I like the layout, it is very efficient. Cdr's suggestion for an island/table combo is a good one. That is something that Cecconi Simone are doing in many new condo projects that they are involved in that maximizes the space and allows you to have a dining room where there isn't a huge amount of space for one.

I'm not sure there is enough storage though and might consider a built in in the den along the wall between the door to the den and the front hall closet.

I like the layout, it is very efficient. Cdr's suggestion for an island/table combo is a good one. That is something that Cecconi Simone are doing in many new condo projects that they are involved in that maximizes the space and allows you to have a dining room where there isn't a huge amount of space for one.

I'm not sure there is enough storage though and might consider a built in in the den along the wall between the door to the den and the front hall closet.

That's what I was thinking of. Something like this:

47076520-Kitchen%204.JPG
I'm thinking this would set me back a lot, though. What do you think? $2-3K? I will need some built ins as well.

There's also this option. Less efficient but a heck of a lot cheaper.
modern-dining-tables.jpg

urbantoronto-7075-23585.jpg

westlake_condo_ss_06.jpg

image.jpg

Adding storage is a must.

Last edited:
I think the idea of a tall island that can serve multiple functions is great. It would be nice to be able to have storage under it, while being at the right height to use as a work surface and finally to be able to eat at it as well.

I did a quick concept based on these suggestions for this layout. Just wondering, theKingEast, if you decided to purchase this unit?

[video=youtube_share;C8D4I99imKI]http://youtu.be/C8D4I99imKI[/video]

^^The kitchen pic's from One Bloor; I posted that as a suggestion. My comment about the diagonal walls is for the OP's plan... sry for the confusion

Thanks. I designed a similar island (without the table extension) for a condo I had been looking to buy. It added $1.975 to the upgrade tally. Unfortunately, when it was finished and installed they had installed the upper slide-out pot drawer 4" from the top instead of the lower drawer being 4" from the bottom (sigh). Guess they had the drawing upside down. So I had one pot drawer and one lid drawer.

Thanks. I designed a similar island (without the table extension) for a condo I had been looking to buy. It added $1.975 to the upgrade tally. Unfortunately, when it was finished and installed they had installed the upper slide-out pot drawer 4" from the top instead of the lower drawer being 4" from the bottom (sigh). Guess they had the drawing upside down. So I had one pot drawer and one lid drawer.

Great job with the 3d visual! What program are you using?

Great job with the 3d visual! What program are you using?

Thanks very much. I use Sketchup to model and a new program that I'm just learning to use for reflection/lighting called Lightup.
I came on this thread to find a few projects to practice the new post processing on and see if I could help purchasers visualize the actual space of units. Without furniture etc it can be difficult to see flow and usability of a unit.
When I'm able to, I'd like to start a new thread to model units that have been purchased and/or being considered for purchase to layout the space with their actual furniture. Still a newbie tho' to posting on the site and as well, I need to learn to tone down the reflection on surfaces-do love that shine!

Thanks very much. I use Sketchup to model and a new program that I'm just learning to use for reflection/lighting called Lightup.
I came on this thread to find a few projects to practice the new post processing on and see if I could help purchasers visualize the actual space of units. Without furniture etc it can be difficult to see flow and usability of a unit.
When I'm able to, I'd like to start a new thread to model units that have been purchased and/or being considered for purchase to layout the space with their actual furniture. Still a newbie tho' to posting on the site and as well, I need to learn to tone down the reflection on surfaces-do love that shine!

That's so cool! I'd love for you to help me visualize a recent a townhouse I recently purchased from floorplans. :) I tried using floorplanner.com to do this, it it isn't nearly as polished as what you created!

Back