Toronto 950 King West | 50m | 14s | Intentional Capital | Sweeny &Co

Saw the listings about 3 weeks ago. Love the massings!!

Excellent news. Would love to see this corner redeveloped while keeping the property intact with improvements.
I just left a comment regarding this building on Torontoist when the Broadview Hotel was sold. Funny how that happens.

Those massings on the flyer must be a joke.

As nice as it is to see such a prominent corner as this go up for redevelopment, one wonders what will happen to those living in the rooming house (same with the Broadview Hotel, and the Waverly). While they're often pretty dodgy places, rooming houses provide housing for highly vulnerable and marginalized people, whose only alternative is probably a shelter in most cases. Would be interesting to know what the implications of the City's rental retention policies are for rooming house tenants - anyone?

Doesn't the city discourage rooming houses? I might be wrong about this policy in current time, but city planning policy put the brakes on this practice in the prior century.

I believe who ever buys this will want to buy the whole block (mostly auto mechanic shops) to Richmond street for a bigger development.

Also considering whats going on down the street, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Esso gas station days arent numbered

Last edited:
"Artistic" concept.

That's like calling a stabbing attack a surgical procedure.

From the Globe, on Friday:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ere-will-its-poor-tenants-go/article25156724/

And some renderings in the article, designed purely as part of a feasibility study, to be clear:

image.jpg

image.jpg

What? It's just a box rising behind it? There is no connection to the heritage building whatsoever. If they want to create a juxtaposition between the two buildings, they should make the newer building a bit crazier.

That is one of at least four feasibility studies I've seen for this site. There are probably many more that just haven't been made public yet.

Back