241     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 318     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 682     0 

Ontario Liberals and Transit

We will invest:

$15 billion in transit projects in the GTHA, including:
Electrification of GO Express Rail, enabling 15-minute service on all GTHA lines
Relief line
Hamilton rapid transit
$14 billion on roads, bridges, highways and other transportation and transit projects outside the GTHA, including:
$1 billion to support the development of the Ring of Fire
Four-laning highways in Northern Ontario
A permanent roads and bridges fund for municipalities
The next phase of the Waterloo Region and Ottawa LRTs
In transit projects already in planning or under construction, such as:
Union-Pearson Express
Scarborough subway
Eglinton Crosstown LRT
In getting border traffic moving via the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway in Windsor
$11.4 billion on 40-plus hospital expansion or redevelopment projects, including:
Redevelopments and expansions for Halton Healthcare Services in Milton, Oakville and Georgetown
$300 million in community health infrastructure, including:
A new Street Health Centre Satellite for Kingston Community Health Centres
$11 billion in new schools and school repairs, including:
Refurbishing Broadview Avenue Public School in Ottawa
Building a permanent addition at St. Martin School in Thunder Bay
In new and refurbished college and university infrastructure, including:
Expanding the King Campus of Seneca College in King City
Supporting the Wilson Building for Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences at McMaster University in Hamilton
To build new campuses and create spaces for 15,000 more postsecondary students
$200 million over two years for a new Natural Gas Access Loan and $30 million to establish a Natural Gas Economic Development Grant

These investments do not incur any additional costs that are not fully accounted for in the 2014 Budget. If re-elected on June 12, we will move quickly to re-introduce the 2014 Budget.

http://ontarioliberalplan.ca/infrastructure/
http://ontarioliberalplan.ca/wp-con...ing-the-Next-Generation-of-Infrastructure.pdf

We will invest:

$15 billion in transit projects in the GTHA, including:
Electrification of GO Express Rail, enabling 15-minute service on all GTHA lines
Relief line
Hamilton rapid transit
$14 billion on roads, bridges, highways and other transportation and transit projects outside the GTHA, including:
$1 billion to support the development of the Ring of Fire
Four-laning highways in Northern Ontario
A permanent roads and bridges fund for municipalities
The next phase of the Waterloo Region and Ottawa LRTs
In transit projects already in planning or under construction, such as:
Union-Pearson Express
Scarborough subway
Eglinton Crosstown LRT
In getting border traffic moving via the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway in Windsor
$11.4 billion on 40-plus hospital expansion or redevelopment projects, including:
Redevelopments and expansions for Halton Healthcare Services in Milton, Oakville and Georgetown
$300 million in community health infrastructure, including:
A new Street Health Centre Satellite for Kingston Community Health Centres
$11 billion in new schools and school repairs, including:
Refurbishing Broadview Avenue Public School in Ottawa
Building a permanent addition at St. Martin School in Thunder Bay
In new and refurbished college and university infrastructure, including:
Expanding the King Campus of Seneca College in King City
Supporting the Wilson Building for Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences at McMaster University in Hamilton
To build new campuses and create spaces for 15,000 more postsecondary students
$200 million over two years for a new Natural Gas Access Loan and $30 million to establish a Natural Gas Economic Development Grant

These investments do not incur any additional costs that are not fully accounted for in the 2014 Budget. If re-elected on June 12, we will move quickly to re-introduce the 2014 Budget.

http://ontarioliberalplan.ca/infrastructure/
http://ontarioliberalplan.ca/wp-con...ing-the-Next-Generation-of-Infrastructure.pdf

Sounds good to me, except the "Ring of Fire". What is this, some Lord of the Rings doomsday device? Damn Liberals cancelling gas plants to build their evil magical rings of fire!

Why does the incumbent party even bother with a platform?
Basically, what you have seen in the past is what you can expect in the future.

Sounds good to me, except the "Ring of Fire". What is this, some Lord of the Rings doomsday device? Damn Liberals cancelling gas plants to build their evil magical rings of fire!
Yes. And it would be quite unfortunate if I were to be in charge of said device. Good thing it's just a mining project and not just a cover for my world domination device... Right... Rightttt? ;)

Why does the incumbent party even bother with a platform?
Basically, what you have seen in the past is what you can expect in the future.

That's great news! When I drive around both ends of Eglinton and up in Downsview North York I see new transit tunnels & stations under construction. In the west end I see lots of GO line grade separation & stations being built. I see new subway cars and saw the new streetcar yesterday.

If what you say is true, then we'll see even more transit construction in the future! Thanks BurlOak, you've convinced me to stick with the incumbents!

I don't think HSR is on the 8 year horizon. A business case needs to be conducted first before any funding can be commited to it.

Where is the high speed rail?

Looks like HSR and many other projects were ommitted from the list. That's not a surprise since there are so many of them.

Anyways if the liberals are reelected they'll reintroduce the same bughet. That budget includes HSR.

Last edited:
That's great news! When I drive around both ends of Eglinton and up in Downsview North York I see new transit tunnels & stations under construction. In the west end I see lots of GO line grade separation & stations being built. I see new subway cars and saw the new streetcar yesterday.

If what you say is true, then we'll see even more transit construction in the future! Thanks BurlOak, you've convinced me to stick with the incumbents!

you forgot the new buses.

Back