DSCN4488_zps968199f4.jpg

DSCN4492_zpsb3f0e910.jpg

DSCN4494_zps8158daa0.jpg

DSCN4497_zps3b556f90.jpg

DSCN4499_zps2b2f4da8.jpg

DSCN4500_zps72e0cb44.jpg

DSCN4502_zps91a90b5e.jpg

Looks great, but what a waste of money.

I don't think it's a waste. The area looked quite ugly and run-down before. Now this part of Streetsville will finally feel more like a modernized walkable village with awesome amenities. I cannot wait for this project to be completed. Hopefully the red flooring stays as red as it is in the rendering!

Anyone care to enlighten us on what those objects are/will be?

The details of the design are here:
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/2013-04-25-SMSS-Public-Presentation.pdf

The large canopy looking thing will serve as a stage during concerts, and will have some sort of screen coming out for movie nights at the square. The section of Main street can be closed during festivals and celebrations. The cenotaph will be kept for the remembrance day ceremony that happens every year at Streetsville. As far as I can tell, it will be a simpler, smaller version of Celebration Square with more interesting paving and no large TVs.

Burying power lines cost money. They also disrupt traffic, initially when burying them and later to maintain them. Can't do that when there are no development fees to pay for that, except from property taxes.

We always find an excuse in this province. Every other jurisdiction that I've ever been to finds a way to do it, even other provinces in Canada. But our provincial slogan seems to be "it can't be done".

We always find an excuse in this province. Every other jurisdiction that I've ever been to finds a way to do it, even other provinces in Canada. But our provincial slogan seems to be "it can't be done".

The NIMBYs on St. Clair Avenue West demanded the the power lines be buried. They did. Then they complained about the cost was too high, because they buried the power liens.

So the NIMBYs in Streetsville didn't want the expense of burying the power lines, so now they complain about the sight of the visible power lines.

Make up your minds.

Back