Toronto 354 Pape Avenue | 39.67m | 10s | Sigma | IBI Group

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The end portion of that block before the bridge over train line. Currently occupied by a building materials company and yard. Right across from Gerrard Square.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3540985

354 PAPE AVE
Ward 30 - Tor & E.York District

Combine application for rezoning and site plan approval to permit a proposed mixed use development. The proposed building will be 8 storeys (24.6 metres in height) and comprised of 30 residential units and non residential uses on the ground floor and second floors. The proposal will have a total gross floor area of 2, 926 square metres for a total density of 3.12 times the lot area.

Might not be such a bad move. That little stub Pape above Gerrard, a low-grade commercial strip for the most part, has long been seedy and of little account. Put a building there with some height and you'd get great views of downtown to the south-west... much like what you get when you're on the pedestrian overpass across the rail line there. Might help transform Pape and Gerrard, tie it in more with the density and neighbourhood-building that's happening at Dundas and Carlaw. Here's a pic from that overpass, taken in January of 2013.

PapeOverpass-Jan10-13.png

Thanks for posting these. I really like this proposal and the drawing depict a better quality design that I would expect for this lot. The area around Gerrard / Carlaw / Pape is ripe for low to mid-rise redevelopment. I appreciate that this proposal doesn't demolish the building stock directly to its south, which could be redeemed one day with less downmarket uses. Although I'm not sure I understand how the grey wall will look.

One suggestion to improve this application would be to connect the proposed parking laneway with the LCBO lot to create a lane passing along side the rail corridor. This would improve traffic flow coming in and out of the LCBO and connectedness for pedestrians using the bridge over Pape or the alley behind Gerrard Square to connect to Jones. To make this lane/road more beautiful/bike friendly would be a huge bonus to connecting the area.

Anyone know if there are any plans to integrate the building with the pedestrian bridge like the apartment just north of the tracks does?

Here are some more before pics, from the adjacent Pape pedestrian bridge two days ago:

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg

The Lakeshore East rail corridor is immediately to the right of the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 1,491
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 1,507
Hello All,

This project was initially submitted in 2014. Are there any new developments in terms of time to market/pre-construction launch phase?

Thank you
Ed

As the post just before yours indicates, the project has just been resubmitted to the City, so we know at least that the owner is moving forward again…

but until the owner wants to talk more about it, there's no way to know at what speed they intend to take this to market. Everyone moves at their own pace.

Back