News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 851     0 

The Streets of Toronto: As They Are

Nice idea, deepend.

I trust you'll get plenty of contributors.

Nice idea, deepend.

I trust you'll get plenty of contributors.

Thank you Goldie, I hope so!
I do find it interesting to sometimes just focus on one street when i am out shooting, and Parliament is an extremely odd and interesting place to start...

Great set, deepend! You got the essence of the street and not just from an architectural point of view.

Thank you. An excellent set of shots. I hope there are numerous follow up posts.
This is a fantastic set of photos of Parliament Street but I wonder if it would be better to change thread title to The Streets of Toronto - as they are - Parliament and to add others streets in NEW threads. (i.e. have a thread per street.) It would probably make it easier to find 'photo essays' like this in the future and I certainly hope others will start contributing.

Once again, thanks for the fine idea, deepend.

Your Parliament St. images are quite unique compared to these views of Sheppard Ave. East in the community of Agincourt (from Kennedy to Midland).

It's an interesting experience to study a street in detail - I thoroughly enjoyed the exercise.

Sheppard4002_zpsdeb26170.jpg

Sheppard4091_zpse9b1da63.jpg

Sheppard4151_zpsb92fa67b.jpg

Sheppard4181abandoned_zps340a8eeb.jpg

Sheppardhealthcentre_zps504030a3.jpg

SheppardAutoSales_zps3895a658.jpg

Sheppardfreegift_zps1acbf5d9.jpg

SheppardStTimothys_zps4fd3a12a.jpg

Sheppardlawoffice_zpsed95c153.jpg

Sheppardunderpass_zpseee86026.jpg

Sheppardwallno-stoppingsugn_zpsdad2da9a.jpg

Sheppardwebuygold_zps236e0646.jpg

SheppardHighlandCreek_zps35f9d2c0.jpg

gotta love those blue apartment blocks on Sheppard. the things are possibly one of the most slummy looking highrises in the city. Its not even that terrible of a neighborhood that they are in either which is the odd part.

The Grass median in the overpass in front of them is a hidden showing of what is to come on Sheppard in the near future as well, it will soon be home to some LRT tracks, and was in fact built for that exact purpose.

Once again, thanks for the fine idea, deepend.

Your Parliament St. images are quite unique compared to these views of Sheppard Ave. East in the community of Agincourt (from Kennedy to Midland).

It's an interesting experience to study a street in detail - I thoroughly enjoyed the exercise.

thanks for contributing those Goldie! some real finds in there. i love the big brutalist towers--i wasn't aware of those, and that grey 1970s building at 4151 Sheppard is great. it doesn't get any more late modern than that!

This is a great idea. I'd love to see Eglinton and St Clair, although both would take a lot of time to do them justice and show the variety of built forms. With Eglinton the bonus would be showing the LRT construction (which I haven't seen too many photos posted of). Maybe I'll attempt it, but it would take a really long time since it would be awesome to see a post showing Eglinton end-to-end, the western border of Mississauga to Scarborough.

Bathurst would be a good street to do too.

I'd be great to see more suburban streets too like Steeles or Finch etc. I find many of Toronto's inner suburban streets really interesting to look at, with their strip malls full of interesting retail and apartment buildings. I personally think they have a lot more character than many would think when thinking of the "suburbs".

Back