News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 734     0 

Renting an AC and Furnace

cruzin4u

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone rented an A/C unit and/or furnace with say, Superior Heating, Reliance Home Comfort, National Home Services etc..? (ya, those people who knock on your door).

I am not in the market to do so (I would rather purchase), but would like to know if anyone has had an experience with said companies and if they have any positive or horror stories to share?

The reason why I am asking is because a few weeks back I put in an offer for a property and was told that the owner had a rental contract for their A/C and furnace at $140 a month. I was not interested in taking over that payment and so my offer's condition was that the owner buy out their contract (I was told it was $10,000 to do so). So the seller of the property wasn't interested in buying out their contract and removed the property from the market.

I understand these companies provide you with all sorts of features, such as lifetime warranty and so forth - but the $10,000 seems a bit excessive for an A/C unit and furnace. I know A/C units and furnaces can be quite costly, but $10,000? The contracts are typically for a min of 7 years and they can be transferred from owner to owner, however it seems many people do not want to take over such contracts due to the monthly costs.

Back