Toronto 99 Sudbury Street | ?m | 26s | Giannone Petricone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Currently a mixed use building comprising of event space, gallery, gym, restaurant, etc.

http://99sudbury.ca/

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3526865

99 SUDBURY ST
Ward 18 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for a Rezoning Application for the redevelopment of the site for a 26 storey building comprising of a 6 storey plus mezzanine podium with a 20 storey tower element plus mechanical and amenity space. This development will be comprised of 16,436m2 of residential space and 11,538m2 of hotel space. A total of 201 parking spaces will be provied below grade.

Last edited:
A bit more info from DCN......http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...c10bae5ec6bc&projectid=9199117&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING, HOTEL Proj: 9199117-1
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
99 Sudbury St, M6J
$48,783,000 est
Note: Application for rezoning has been submitted and is currently under review. Further update fall 2014.
Project: construction of a 26-storey mixed use building which will contain 209 residential units and 157 hotel units.
Scope: 301,110 square feet; 26 storeys; 3 storeys below grade; 366 units; parking for 201 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Hotels, motels

This would be a good spot for a Motel 6.

Interesting that a large condo building with a hotel component is being proposed on this site as it is not on a major road and tucked away on a quiet winding street.
I agree an affordable hip hotel would be good in this location. I was thinking more in the line of Alt Hotel, ALoft, or Ace Hotel. Funny that they all start with the letter A.
Even though the revamped Motel 6 is actually not bad, the name still has a stigma attached to it.

It is certainly Interesting. Has Potential. Its to bad the con caved side wasent more rounded out. Just my thought.

Just got a letter for a community meeting for this. Looks like they tweaked just a few things and resubmitted. Same height and all.

I attended the meeting tonight. Lots of interesting stuff.

The building massing and general shape has been tweaked, pick up drop off has been moved off street, etc. The building is still 26 floors tall. 11% of units will be 3 Bedroom, and the hotel has shrunk in room count.

The most interesting part has to be what the developer is proposing with the Railpath. They have included a 4.5m wide area on the south side along the tracks, which is 4.5m above track level, that can be used by the railpath to extend further south in the future. Up until now this property has been a "barrier" to the railpath going further south.

The material used for cladding along Sudbury will be a bronzy colour, possibly Corten Steel, to try and match the historic structure to the east.

Neighbor reactions weren't too positive (mind you, I'm a neighbor too, I could literally hit 99 sudbury with a rock if I threw it from my balcony), mainly concerns about height. Generally they thought it was too tall, as buildings have generally scaled down towards the east in the WQW regeneration area.

Personally I don't think they will end up getting 26 floors here, but with 21 across the street at 36 Lisgar, they won't get lower than that. I could forsee this one going to settlement at the OMB.

I think Ralph Giannone was saying a copper scrim (or at least copper-coloured scrim) was the proposal for the hotel window area.

Arch plans are on the city planning site. 101 hotel rooms and 190 units

9MAWTvN.png

dzhVdrZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back