News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

Dufferin bus lanes

mrgrieves

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know whether the City intends on keeping the dedicated bus lanes on Dufferin in North York once the subway extension opens in a couple of years?

They might be for emergency vehicles.

It would be a waste to destroy the York University Busway if it is going to be used for seven years. It might end up being open to general traffic (or perhaps add tolls).

but will the York U busways (196 Rocket) be needed once the subway extension is built? I can't imagine they would keep it for general use

but will the York U busways (196 Rocket) be needed once the subway extension is built? I can't imagine they would keep it for general use
Wasn't there some mention on the busway thread a few years ago, that TTC would still use it after the subway opened to deadhead equipment back towards Wilson?

Anyone know whether the City intends on keeping the dedicated bus lanes on Dufferin in North York once the subway extension opens in a couple of years?

The subway extention does not even affect Dufferin as the subway runs north west so I do not see how it should affect anything.

Are there other opportunities to build something like the York U Busway elsewhere in Toronto? Any sort of bus-only road with transit signals like the York busway.

If so, where would you put it and what sort of trips or routes could it serve?

Are there other opportunities to build something like the York U Busway elsewhere in Toronto? Any sort of bus-only road with transit signals like the York busway.

If so, where would you put it and what sort of trips or routes could it serve?

The obvious answer would be a Finch BRT from Jane to Seneca College - reusing the Busway.

Back