Toronto 99 Atlantic Avenue | ?m | 8s | Kevric | WZMH

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I like this:cool:

99 ATLANTIC AVE
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed renovations and adaptive reuse of the existing buildings on the property for office uses with retail and services commercial use at the lower levels. Two new building are proposed within the existing surface parking lot areas, including a 8-storey office building with retail and service commercial uses at grade and a 2 storey building with retail and service commercial uses.

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

OPA & Rezoning 14 128794 STE 19 OZ Mar 14, 2014 Under Review

Some info on the existing bldg.,...... http://www.altusinsite.com/files/filelib/spaces/14276/doc/1.pdf

I found this here:

http://www.kevric.ca/projets-en-developpement/toronto/99-atlantic/?lang=en

ISSUE-C2-99-Atlantic-Ave-Design-Drawings-30Oct2013-7.jpg

I know who the retailer is :) (For the adaptive re-use portion of the project)

Let me guess, the mini Canadian tire store ... Am I warm ? ; - )

Getting warmer....

Whatever retail goes here is small potatoes of what they are planning for the Canada Bread lands down the street,
.. rumours have been flying around South Parkdale, that there will be a loft/commercial development proposal with major retailers on ground floor.

Last edited:
I know who the retailer is :) (For the adaptive re-use portion of the project)

I just heard the CTC may have backed-off doing a deal at this location....can you confirm this?

The building has the qualities of a suburban business park commercial building.
Why can't they bring some historic warehouse cues into this building?
The west end of Liberty Village has so much going for it but there seems to be the plague of mediocre uninspiring design taking over this entire Liberty Village neighbourhood.

Slightly different image up on Development Proposal billboard. Both buildings are the same size though.

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9557.jpg
    IMG_9557.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4,859
  • IMG_9558.jpg
    IMG_9558.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2,767
I have no problem with this structure:cool:, but it does make me think that Mizrahi did what he did to Stollerys to avoid a year of this

99 ATLANTIC AVE
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 14 128794 STE 19 OZ Mar 14, 2014 Under Review

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on February 18, 2015....http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-75620.pdf
TE4.16 .ACTION 11:00 AM, Ward:19
Intention to Designate under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act and Authority to Enter into a Heritage Easement Agreement - 40 Hanna Avenue

Summary
This report recommends that City Council state its intention to designate the property at 40 Hanna Avenue (which includes convenience addresses at 99 Atlantic Avenue, 38 Hanna Avenue, 2, 22, 24 and 24A Liberty Street and 1 Snooker Street) under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act and to grant authority to enter into a Heritage Easement Agreement with the property owners. Located on Hanna Avenue where it extends from Liberty Street to Snooker Street in Liberty Village, the site contains a former manufacturing complex originally developed by the Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company that is listed on the City of Toronto's heritage register (formerly known as the Inventory of Heritage Properties).

The owners have submitted an application to develop the site, which would preserve the existing factory buildings and the detached boiler house and smokestack while removing the more recent additions to the property.

The property at 40 Hanna Avenue is being recommended for designation at this time to ensure that all of the heritage values and attributes of the site are identified and protected.

Very true as he has everything in place to start construction on Toronto's first megatall tomorrow.

Back