News   Apr 19, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.2K     2 

Amedeo Garden Court Redevelopment (2521-2543 Lake Shore Blvd W, Longo, 9-39s, G+C)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This whole set row of apartments just went through rezoning, this is the first project to come in. I'm not too familiar with the zoning bylaws and if they would allow this type of development however.

The apartment building at the very back, though (which I believe Oscar Peterson lived in), is a fascinatingly primaeval modern thing--like, the apartment-building answer to the old Scientology building on Yonge...

Ah.. one of the odd wonders of Toronto... Mimico.

Where dirt cheap rents and slum landlords go hand in hand with gorgeous waterfront properties and downtown views to die for.

Looks pretty good.
lakeshoredouglas_01.jpg
lakeshoredouglas_02.jpg
lakeshoredouglas_03.jpg
lakeshoredouglas_04.jpg
lakeshoredouglas_05.jpg

Attachments

• lakeshoredouglas_01.jpg
    lakeshoredouglas_01.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • lakeshoredouglas_02.jpg
    lakeshoredouglas_02.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • lakeshoredouglas_03.jpg
    lakeshoredouglas_03.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,256
  • lakeshoredouglas_04.jpg
    lakeshoredouglas_04.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,237
  • lakeshoredouglas_05.jpg
    lakeshoredouglas_05.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,232
I don't know, the community being replaced is pretty cool with 1940s/1950s lowrises mixed with converted 19th century farm buildings.

The buildings on that stretch are horrible. Good riddance.

Unlike a lot of the slumlordy shotgun blocks in Mimico, the existing Amedeo complex (whatever the quality of its components) has a fascinatingly shaggy bygone Hollywood noir aura that really has little or no equal in the 416--to see it all gentrified/exterminated means that Toronto loses just a bit more character...

Unlike a lot of the slumlordy shotgun blocks in Mimico, the existing Amedeo complex (whatever the quality of its components) has a fascinatingly shaggy bygone Hollywood noir aura that really has little or no equal in the 416--to see it all gentrified/exterminated means that Toronto loses just a bit more character...

I agree with adma.....not sure this would be so good for the neighbourhood....

While the discussion is on general development in the Humber Shores area, does anyone know what ever happened with the Amedeo Garden Court Redevelopment proposal? (2521-2543 Lake Shore Blvd W, Longo, 9-39s, G+C)?

Back