531     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     0 

Where to buy jugs?

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
For years I've disliked the plastic bags milk is sold in, and now it seems the plastic is thinner, making the bags flop over during pouring. When I was a lad we always bought jug milk, I think from Beckers.

Can you still buy jug milk? It wouls certainly be more recylcable than the bags dumped in the trash.

Last edited:
At least two organic milk brands sell milk in glass bottles, if you're looking into something like that. We usually buy Organic Meadow.

I was going to mention the glass bottles too. Seems to taste a lot better than the stuff stored in plastic or carton-lining. We prefer Harmony to Organic Meadow, but to each their own.

I was going to mention the glass bottles too. Seems to taste a lot better than the stuff stored in plastic or carton-lining. We prefer Harmony to Organic Meadow, but to each their own.

As a kid, walking home with a jug of milk, I found the glass jugs to be heavy for a kid to carry. The plastic jugs are lighter.

Good thing they got rid of the wire jug handles, they cut into your hand. The plastic handle were better.

I think there was even a small chain of convenience stores in the 1970s-1990s called Jug City!
I'd forgotten about those...

20121214_142409.jpg

304015857_9a06fd64f5.jpg

Back when we had glass milk jugs, they were in gallons. That's imperial gallons. Equal to 4.54609 litres each.

Same as the paint containers. Used to be imperial gallons (4.54609 litres), then they shrank it to 4 litres, but now the paint come in U.S. gallons (3.78541 litres).

Jugs_Ammo.jpg

If that's not your fancy can I interest you in the latest issue of Gigantic Asses?

Attachments

• Jugs_Ammo.jpg
    Jugs_Ammo.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3,413

Back