News   Apr 25, 2024
 91     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Loblaws & LCBO-396 St. Clair near Bathurst (1s addition)

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5P 3N3

Ward 21: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 117655 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Feb 14, 2014

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct 2 1 storey additions to existing 1 storey retail buildings. Building 1 is Loblaws and located at 396 St Clair Ave W. building 2 is the LCBO and located at convenience address of 480 St Clair Ave W.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5P 3N3

Application#: 14 117655 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Feb 14, 2014

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct 2 1 storey additions to existing 1 storey retail buildings. Building 1 is Loblaws and located at 396 St Clair Ave W. building 2 is the LCBO and located at convenience address of 480 St Clair Ave W.

That doesn't make any sense - the Loblaws is in the first building - they must be talking about the Joe Fresh structure - which is separate? I really wish there was a way to make this building more connected to bathurst.

That is odd. I wonder if they mean that the Loblaws/LCBO building is considered as two separate things and the entire thing is getting an addition, or if they actually mean the Joe Fresh and Loblaws/LCBO buildings are each getting their own additions. I also wonder what the additions are meant to house. The Loblaws just got redone so I can't see that space changing much.

And both Loblaws and Joe Fresh list their address at 396 St Clair W, so this probably does mean both buildings.

This is a non-residential building addition, so is the take away that they are adding more retail to these buildings?

I'd love to see them move the parking up to a new third level, and then expand the retail footprint at grade. It would make the entire complex so much friendlier to pedestrians.

Its my understanding that the new elevator being installed for St. Clair West Station needs to go into the current LCBO space.

That being the case, my guess is that this might be for a relocated LCBO.

That is, however, mere speculation on my part.

You could very well be right about that. I saw the signs for the station improvements, but didn't think about how they were actually going to fit elevators into that space. That said, as long as they're cutting into the LCBO's space I wish they'd just take another few feet so that they can widen the escalators to a standard width and put in a proper set of stairs. It would be great if the elevator ran all the way up to Loblaws, too, for the number of people I see pushing carts all the way down the escalators, around the store, and out to the TTC entrance.

There was also a large family doctor practice which opened up in the top (mezzanine) floor of the Loblaws in January. This extra floor could be for professional space as competition to Clairhurst on the kitty-corner.

A large LCBO (dupont St. sized) would do very well as there are no large ones in the area.

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5P 3N3

Application#: 14 160817 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: May 23, 2014

Project: Retail Store Solar Collector

Description: Installation of solar PV systems on the car port - Loblaws

Back