230     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.3K     1 

Toronto Mid 1970's

• Thread starter CliffColeclough
  • Start date
C

CliffColeclough

Recently got an old CBC TV show from the 1970's. Lots of city shots, I tried to screen cap them as best I could - hope you like them.
ss11.jpg

ss12.jpg

ss18.jpg

The above one is looking high above in a northerly direction at the Four Seasons Hotel

ss1.jpg

ss9.jpg

I think these two are from Bloor Ave around Bay St. I believe there use to be a move theatre right on Bloor (not the Cumberland Theatre)

ss7.jpg

ss8.jpg

ss3.jpg

Above three are various skyline shots

ss4.jpg

ss10.jpg

Above two I am pretty sure are Yorkville Ave.

ss16.jpg

ss17.jpg

Anyone recognize these apartments?

ss2.jpg

Interesting paint job

ss5.jpg

Artsy shot - can you recognize the building?

ss13.jpg

Looking north on Queen's Park Circle/University Ave - Four Seasons on the right

ss14.jpg

ss15.jpg

Old Canada Post mailbox - love the pickup times

ss21.jpg

Disco Floating World - where was this located?

Enjoy

The Floating World Disco.

Located anywhere the music and cocaine was available.

Kinda hoping for some shots of PCCs and yellow police cars (although the Grey Coach bus brings back memories). Oh well, cool pics though. Isn't the dude with the mustache on Da Vinci's Inquest?

The pictures of the apartment buildings are from St. James Town, back in the day when it was still a somewhat trendy place. The top picture shows 650 Parliament Street, on the right, looking north, with buildings at Parliament St. and Howard St. in the background. The lower picture is either 260 or 280 Wellesley Street East.

The "Floating World Disco" was the Holiday Inn Chestnutt Tree behind city hall...that sign lasted in the window until the early to mid '80's.

Ahhhh .... the Floating World ... and the Carriage House on Jarvis ... them was the days ....

Wow - thanks everyone for the responses. I think all my questions were answered. I knew I came to the right place!

If I come across anymore stuff like this, I will certainly post it.

Atmospherics here, people--"Who loves you, pretty baby/Who's gonna help you through the night/Who loves you pretty mama/Who's always there to make it right"

Back