Toronto St Clair Village | ?m | 3s | Frontdoor | Hunt Design

SixPoints

Member Bio
Reaction score
The%20homes%20of%20stclair%20west.jpg

http://urbancorphomes.ca/

Any info on whether the former Hughes Public School is to be demolished or is it infill on the playing field? Also, "Homes of St. Clair", c'mon, it's Rogers and Caledonia.

I think the whole site is being used I could be wrong. And the name has a nice ring to it lol, the area is changing.

I think the whole site is being used I could be wrong. And the name has a nice ring to it lol, the area is changing.

That's a shame, the Hughes building is a nice one, and adaptable to reconfiguration I would have thought.

It's not a terrible name, by any measure, just a bit ambitious.

Are these going to be stack townhomes like most of the projects like it being built or true townhomes, 3 storey high?

Preliminary Report - 177 Caledonia Road and 19 Innes Avenue - Zoning By-law Amendment Application
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-66451.pdf

I've been waiting for this. Seems my old alma mater is going to be gone with it all. I hope they name the park Hughes Park or Gardens or something. That building is over a century old and deserves some recognition of its history!

That said the design of the lots and associated lot sizes, fit right in with the existing neighbourhood context. Should be interesting to see how the architecture is changed if at all. They could do some darker and lighter finishes or maybe some red brick accents which would help integrate the houses a little more.

Urbancorp did a bait and switch here. Site is now designated as condos and the work will start soon. Site is being prepped as we speak. Fence already put up.

Urbancorp did a bait and switch here. Site is now designated as condos and the work will start soon. Site is being prepped as we speak. Fence already put up.
Their zoning allows them to build 41 townhomes. They are listed as freehold in the zoning amendment, but if they wish to switch to condo townhomes I don't believe they need any other special approvals.

Back