News   Apr 17, 2024
 322     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Palatial Toronto condo lists for $18.5 million

cdr108

Member Bio
Reaction score
this may have already been posted somewhere ...

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/photos/...-lists-for-18-5-million-photo-1125582672.html

118 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto The nine-room, five-fireplace, 6,297-square-foot suite occupies the space formed by two conjoined corner suites. Taking up half of the Hazelton's seventh floor, its six terraces offer views to the north, west and south.

http://sothebysrealty.ca/en/property/ontario/region/toronto/6929

I know this is personal preference, but OMG I'm going to vomit now.
I also have a headache from looking at those pics.

It's over the top Baroque, but it doesn't look like a caricature of the style. The quality of the details looks first rate. It's not my thing, but to see that kind of attention to detail in a Toronto interior is impressive. I've seen penthouse condos for similar money with finishes barely better than an ordinary suburban new build.

You're too easygoing. It's hideous! Utterly phony. And so busy, and so beige. Gold damask on brown wallpaper is one thing, but over top of marble!!? My eyes are bleeding. Nouveau sheesh.

(Thanks cdr, a great opportunity to snark.)

I hope they keep it intact for a long time. The details in the floors and ceilings are fine. I'd take that location over a boring place like the Bridle Path any day of the week. The walls are busy, but one could get used to it. Just pour some brandy, light a cigar and enjoy the life.

It's not my first choice of style, but someone could really enjoy it and be happy. It shows that people are willing to be bold in Toronto, and not just accept the usual simple and polite style we see all over the city.

So the Yahoo link says $18.5 million and the Sotheby's link has it at $14.9. Did it just suddenly reduce? Redpin has the listing at over 250 days old.

The Yahoo link also has two slightly different titles for the "article", one using "opulent", the other "palatial". Methinks this is just a paid ad that the realtors planted on Yahoo. Indeed, the same "article" ran on Nov 27 using the word "opulent" and listing it for $18.5, so I guess they re-ran it with the word "palatial" but forgot to update the price.

...ca.finance.yahoo.com/photos/palatial-toronto-condo-lists-for-18-5-million-slideshow/opulent-yorkville-toronto-condo-lists-for-18-5-million-photo-1125582672.html

Last edited:
I'm suprised the condo board approved the granite/stone in bedroom.

Wonder what kind of person owns it and who was the designer responsible for the disaster.

They shouldn't have any say in the aesthetic design of a private unit. But I wonder who regulates terrace paving. Most terraces in new condos I've seen have terrible paving--cheap concrete slabs, mundane grey pavers and unstained 2x4s, for instance.

Back