Toronto Lillian Park | 84.73m | 28s | Collecdev | Kohn Shnier

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Even more intensification for Yonge & Eg, this time in form of rentals. Location is couple blocks east of Y&E intersection. Not entirely sure of the density descriptions, wording a bit confusing. But looks like the owners of the current apartment towers want to redevelop and/or build new rentail towers on available space (likely on south portion of site ). Definitely a massive number of units for the site, along with the amount of parking spaces proposed. Certainly to be an issue in the planning stages.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3470888

45 DUNFIELD AVE
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

To rezone the subject property to allow for the construction of two 26/28 storey residential buildings containing a total of 742 residential rental dwelling units (40832 m2), and to allow for the construction of a one-storey building (510 m2) containing institutional uses. A total of 717 below grade parking spaces will be provided including 601 parking spaces for residents and 114 parking spaces for visitors, and 2 parking spaces for the institutional use. Two loading spaces will be provided Type C & G.

*Hmmm...probably a more likely scenario for just one 28 & 26 storey buildings. Unit totals could add up to that with 2 buildings (slab style?). "2 x " does seem excessive...

Sorry, thread title revision please

Development sign just went up this afternoon, and here is what the site plan shows. Indeed it's two separate buildings, 28 and 26 storeys tall, with a 1 storey gallery space building fronting onto Soudan.

11343272963_bb22a1f7b4_b.jpg

11343229264_2b6d0c9acd_b.jpg

11343265313_f54d81b4e8_b.jpg

11343220484_c6b3a5341a_b.jpg

11343107645_d49f7f585b_b.jpg

11343208014_ded834bc02_b.jpg

11343250993_2cf8b4837d_b.jpg

Well that is an interesting design. I can see how it would play nicely off of the nearby commie blocks.

Looks similar to the main E Condos building eh? I find a lot of the future Yonge & Eg condos look contemporary but don't necessarily look out of place among the commie blocks.

Quite a lot of park space facing Soudan eh? Of course, that won't stop people from protesting this building.

Anyways it looks great to me, the park certainly looks much better than the parking lot currently there.

The application suggests the City of Toronto leased the space for a park. I wouldn't consider it as part of the proposal.

No doubt the owner made money on the lease. You would know too the agreement is over a decade old if you bothered to scan the report. Not surprised at all though.

Looks similar to the main E Condos building eh? I find a lot of the future Yonge & Eg condos look contemporary but don't necessarily look out of place among the commie blocks.

The New Modern buildings are generally more sophisticated than the old slab apartment towers, but they also manage to harmonize with them. It's a good situation.

I'm involved in this application so I am happy to hear it is well received! I quite like it.

Back