Mississauga 3600-3606 Hurontario Street | ?m | 50s | Edenshaw

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is the old Widesuites sales office site:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Matthews+Gate,+Mississauga,+ON&hl=en&ll=43.592213,-79.633297&spn=0.000016,0.00839&sll=43.589569,-79.632554&sspn=0.003994,0.00839&oq=matthews&hnear=Matthews+Gate,+Mississauga,+Peel+Regional+Municipality,+Ontario+L5B+0A4&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.592213,-79.633297&panoid=WI2xWlH4sFh-oI7UOsNcwg&cbp=13,188.42,,0,-0.31

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=da7f4437fcfd7e3853500f8e81d82ca68709d639&projectid=9191588&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM TOWER Proj: 9191588-1

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

3600 & 3606 Hurontario St, Matthews Gate, L5B

$35,000,000 est

Note: Preliminary planning is underway. Owner is waiting for various municipal approvals. Scope of work will be finalized pending approvals. Further update early spring 2014.
Project: construction of a 47-storey condominium tower; scope to be defined.
Scope: 47 storeys
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

This report Thu Nov 28, 2013.

Actually this is a two tower proposal. The heading should read 47 & 50s.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=eddbc775a0019548766e32f705a1ef55f03928d5&projectid=9191591&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM TOWER, RETAIL SPACE Proj: 9191591-1

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

3600 & 3606 Hurontario St, Matthews Gate, L5B

$40,000,000 est

Note: Preliminary planning is underway. Owner is waiting for various municipal approvals. Scope of work will be finalized pending approvals. Further update early spring 2014.
Project: construction of a condominium building with 50 storeys (+/-) with retail space; scope to be defined.
Scope: 50 storeys
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

This report Thu Nov 28, 2013.

Mods Note:

The removal of H holding is being apply for removal and these buildings will be apartments.

3618 is own by 077022 ONTARIO INC. AND TOUCHTONE Construction LTD which is 50's with 6's & 5's podium and will be known as as Lima Valley Homes Inc. This will look very similar to Absolute towers except no curves and almost the same cap top

3606 is own by ARMDALE ESTATES INC which is 47's with a 5's podium and will be known as Armdale Estates Inc.

Render from the application

http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/pdc/2014/05-05-2014_-_PDC_AGENDA.pdf

50 and 43 stories

Architects are E.I. Richmond and Kirkor

Site name (?): Enfield Place II

Developers: Conservatory Group and Armdale Inc

enfield.jpg

Attachments

• enfield.jpg
    enfield.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,730
Incorrect. It's just more appalling Kirkor dreck. I have more hope for the E.I. Richmond element (on the right), purely based on their offerings at Amacon's Parkside Village and Remington's IQ on Queensway. The Kirkor dreck should, however, never see the light of day. I can't think of another firm who has done so much harm to southern Ontario (perhaps G+C).

It's also not Pinnacle - the Kirkor pile is 'Armadale Estates Inc' while the E.I. Richmond piece is The Conservatory Group.

Incorrect. It's just more appalling Kirkor dreck. I have more hope for the E.I. Richmond element (on the right), purely based on their offerings at Amacon's Parkside Village and Remington's IQ on Queensway. The Kirkor dreck should, however, never see the light of day. I can't think of another firm who has done so much harm to southern Ontario (perhaps G+C).

It's also not Pinnacle - the Kirkor pile is 'Armadale Estates Inc' while the E.I. Richmond piece is The Conservatory Group.
I don't know why I wrote Pinnacle. I never intended to. I meant to say The Conservatory Group.

The left tower looks like Cinema Tower's fraternal twin to me. Those images are already two and a half years old, so no wonder there's such a strong family resemblance.

Since drum118 mentioned this development in a different post, I was wondering if anything has happened in the last year. Is the developer still pursuing it?

According to the Mississauga Development map, the application is now with the OMB. It's probably for the same old reasons: construction will take a couple of years, more people in the area, traffic, crime, more dogs, views, height, etc. Some concerns are legitimate but some of the reasons people give for opposing a project are out-to-lunch. I saw it with the previous version of the Edge Condos, the road(now closed to cars :)) that goes through Celebration Square, MCC Sheridan College and so forth.
http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/developmentinformation

Since drum118 mentioned this development in a different post, I was wondering if anything has happened in the last year. Is the developer still pursuing it?
There was an noticed up some time ago for separation since the site is by 2 different developers. This sounds like one developer wants to go ahead of the other when it was a join agreement to build both at the same time. Other than that, haven't heard anymore on them.

I think things have slow down to the point, we will not see anything for a few years to be market.

This also applies to Toronto. There are far more building being completed than built or about to at this time.

You have about 15 in the hole or about to be in the Toronto core with 12 being built, 15 nearing completion and about 20 completed this year so far. 2017 is looking to be a slow year seeing building being built and 2018 could be even slower.

Mississauga has 1 in the hole in the core, 1 been built, 5 nearing completion and 3 completed.

I got this from Michael Hynes the person handling the file at city hall

"The site plan is at the OMB because of a dispute regarding the applicant not wanting to construct a utility trench along Hurontario and Matthewsgate as requested by Enersource and the City of Mississauga."

Back