News   Mar 18, 2024
 773     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 774     0 

Movember misogynist?

There really isn't an issue here. Some people regard any behaviour that reinforces classical masculinity and femininity as inherently suspicious. In really, the masculine and the feminine bring to humanity two spectrums that are equally important to humanity with positives and negatives. They also underpin sexual attraction. Our notions of what is masculine and feminine have been refined over the years, which is good, but it's harmful to get rid of this understanding of the way we are as people.

Perhaps my sense is overly simplistic, but this comes across as a buzz kill to a movement started by a group of guys who wanted to outdo each other with 'stache growth, and then thought about raising some money for men's health. Someone had to dig deep to find a downside to this based on discrimination.

Anyone can participate in Pinktober, or Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or other whatever you want to call it. Only males can participate in Movember. It's simple really.

Would a month dedicated to raising funds for ovarian cancer be misandrist? Just because 48-52% of the world's population can't contract Disease X doesn't make it unworthy of being supported.

Women participate, raising money and looking cute with fake mustaches at parties.

I'm not sure where I stand on this whole topic entirely, to be honest, but I have to point out that the way you just suggested women can participate in Movember is by "looking cute". Please tell me you notice why that might jump out to people, or perhaps you were being satirical.

Women participate, raising money and looking cute with fake mustaches at parties.

I said females, not women. Different things. Women can grow moustaches easily if they are male.

I personally have no problem with Movember. Just pointing out, females can't grow moustaches. Not usually anyways... I have seen female with moustache before, unfortunately.

How does that make any sense? If they are male, then they aren't women.

Male vs female is sex. Man vs woman is gender. Gender is also masculine vs feminine, he vs. she, etc.

Sex and gender are different things. Sex is biological. Gender is cultural, social.

Like penis vs vagina, that is a sexual difference. Gender difference would be like women not being allowed to wear pants because pants were for men only, but women started crossdressing and so now women are allowed to wear pants. Or like pink being a masculine colourand blue was feminine, but then Hitler rounded up homosexual men into concentration camps and labelled them with pink triangles, and then pink became the woman's colour and blue became the man's colour. That's gender.

If a male wears a dress and makeup then she is a woman, but she is still a male. Female is not synonymous with woman.

Last edited:
If a male wears a dress and makeup then she is a woman, but she is still a male. Female is not synonymous with woman.
How would you label public washrooms? Could the person mentioned above walk into a women's washroom and wave his dick around?

Back