Toronto 1750 The Queensway | 126.55m | 38s | FIMA Developments | BDP Quadrangle

This is great news even if the architecture doesn't turn out to be amazing (which it likely won't seeing how this is in Etobicoke). I'm just elated to see another horrid strip plaza on death row.

This:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-64749.pdf

and these:

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

Right across The Queensway from the expanding Sherway Gardens. This is a huge change for this area.

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2,350
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,395
Here's the Phase One plan, a little clearer:

SitePlanPhase1000.jpg

Here's the longterm Master Plan with more towers, and pretty much a complete remake of the site, including a new western extension to North Queen Street:

MasterPlan1000.jpg

Attachments

• SitePlanPhase1000.jpg
    SitePlanPhase1000.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,200
  • MasterPlan1000.jpg
    MasterPlan1000.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,211
I think it's about time they consider extending the Queen streetcar with another branch along Queensway all the way to Sherway.

The Queensway is really developing into an avenue, the ROW is wide enough, even between Park Lawn and Royal York (if you removed the on-street parking) and there are so many developments popping up.

If you were ambitious, the streetcar could take Queensway to Sherway, cut down West Mall, into Sherway Gate, then take Evans and Browns Line down to the Long Branch loop. A South Etobicoke LRT loop.

I think it's about time they consider extending the Queen streetcar with another branch along Queensway all the way to Sherway.

The Queensway is really developing into an avenue, the ROW is wide enough, even between Park Lawn and Royal York (if you removed the on-street parking) and there are so many developments popping up.

If you were ambitious, the streetcar could take Queensway to Sherway, cut down West Mall, into Sherway Gate, then take Evans and Browns Line down to the Long Branch loop. A South Etobicoke LRT loop.

Considering that the Queensway bus currently runs at 30 minute frequencies both peak and off peak, I think it's premature to be considering a new streetcar on this street. There's not even that much development happening here anyway, aside from a small handfull of projects.

Last edited:
Considering that the Queensway bus currently runs at 30 minute frequencies both peak and off peak, I think it's premature to be considering a new streetcar on this street. There's not even that much development happening here anyway, aside from a small handfull of projects.

Catch-22. I live in the area, and no one takes that bus to anything on the Queensway because the frequency is crap. So people drive to all that retail and restaurants.Most people who are taking a bus are taking a bus heading to Line 2 in AM or PM rush, such as 45 Kipling, 110 Islington, 73 Royal York,123 Shorncliffe, or 15 Evans.

I'd like to see improved bus service, with eventual aspirations to upgrade to BRT or LRT down the road.

Also, in general, South Etobicoke needs better connections to the two GO stations that are right in their neighbourhood. It is an absolute pain in the ass to get to Long Branch (unless you live on Lakeshore) or Mimico station on the TTC, and parking is also extremely limited at both sites.

Last edited:
It's so typical of how we do things here, wait until it gets so bad that people are forced to take transit instead of building transit so that people want to use it....It's mind boggling!

^that is changing, it was a Fordian attitude that caused that, Miller increased bus service to provide good service city-wide and Ford cut it back again. Tory now wants to restore it.

I think the Queensway has massive growth potential that Toronto will have to utilize in the long term.

If the WWLRT ever gets built, I can see it being viable to build a Queensway spur.

Back