Toronto Canary Park Condominiums | 54.25m | 16s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

RiverCity1

Member Bio
Reaction score
So the 2nd market condos here on Block 4 are called Canary Park right across from Corktown Common

Some pictures of that fresh tarmac and other sights from Today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 13

Canary Park Condos

Canary Park Condos.jpg

From my windows, I could see lots of people attend the VIP event last weekend. Seemed like a great turnout during the cold and rain...and in November.

Attachments

• Canary Park Condos.jpg
    Canary Park Condos.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,201
Well, this district is only half built. I fear it will continue to be grey but I will do everything I can to convince Pam McConnell and Waterfront Toronto, to change the course. I don't know if they'll listen but I really think that more grey buildings here, would be a disaster. So many people in this city, go on and on about our love of diversity but I guess that only applies to ethnicity and not the colour or style of buildings. It seems like our political leaders care little about architecture, colour, design, quality of materials or creativity. All they seem to care about is height, shadows, parking and traffic. (all shit the BIA and Home Owner's Associations care about, which is their businesses and self interests) When are people going to realize we are building a city, not just a local neighbourhood? I wonder if the near by neighbourhoods are concerned about having a district with (so far) all grey buildings?

Last edited:
The rendering above shows well-lit units at the street level facing Corktown Common...but the actual building photos seem to suggest they're just townhouses or something.

Do we know if they're going to put retail facing the park, or will these just be townhomes? If seems like it would be a huge wasted opportunity to NOT put retail facing the park...could be a great place for restaurants/cafes

I'm not so sure that the relative uniformity of colour pallet is such a terrible thing here. In contrast to more eclectic areas of the city that have evolved slowly over time this neighbourhood is being master planned, so why hide it? Why not give the area an aesthetic cohesiveness that will help define it and set it apart? If the design and materials are good the colour will be less important, and all the more so once the trees fill in and the area takes on all the other colourful trappings of a modern city.

Tewder:

There is nothing necessarily wrong with uniformity - the issue here is that the palette is one that communicates sterility and coldness.

AoD

Well, this district is only half built. I fear it will continue to be grey but I will do everything I can to convince Pam McConnell and Waterfront Toronto, to change the course. I don't know if they'll listen but I really think that more grey buildings here, would be a disaster. So many people in this city, go on and on about our love of diversity but I guess that only applies to ethnicity and not the colour or style of buildings. It seems like our political leaders care little about architecture, colour, design, quality of materials or creativity. All they seem to care about is height, shadows, parking and traffic. (all shit the BIA and Home Owner's Associations care about, which is their businesses and self interests) When are people going to realize we are building a city, not just a local neighbourhood? I wonder if the near by neighbourhoods are concerned about having a district with (so far) all grey buildings?

No, they just have no control over those issues. The likely reason for all the grey here is the same as why one sees far more cars in muted hues than brightly coloured ones - resale value.

I'm not so sure that the relative uniformity of colour pallet is such a terrible thing here. In contrast to more eclectic areas of the city that have evolved slowly over time this neighbourhood is being master planned, so why hide it? Why not give the area an aesthetic cohesiveness that will help define it and set it apart? If the design and materials are good the colour will be less important, and all the more so once the trees fill in and the area takes on all the other colourful trappings of a modern city.

cheapest way to make a project more exciting is colour,we all know builders these days are only building cookie cutter units with the cheapest of materials to max its profits.My favourite it still the Absolute condos design but the units itself is cheap and the issues with plumbing,fit and finish is endless.
for de

Back