The Taylor (Streetcar) - Real Estate -

UT Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Real estate discussion thread for The Taylor condo project by Streetcar Developments.

This building looks like it's almost ready for occupancy. Is there anyone lurking UT that will be moving into the building? I'd love to see how the interior turns out as I am quite happy with how the exterior is coming along!

Hi! I'm a lurker-buyer as well :)

My occupancy is also scheduled for March 22nd and no word when our PDI is.

I recently visited The Carlaw and the lobby and other common areas look completely different from the renderings. Hopefully they don't make too many changes to our lobby and include a gym.

@currycannoli i sent you a direct message!

Looks like there is only 3 bedroom units left. Are all the kitchens in this building small?

I'll be taking occupancy in this building on March 22nd as well! I wonder how many of us will be, considering there's already 3 people here that have commented that their occupancy is March 22nd.

Looks like there is only 3 bedroom units left. Are all the kitchens in this building small?

The loft units have the typical galley style kitchen without islands. Depending on the unit, you can purchase an island as an upgrade. All the 2-level townhouse units had galley style kitchens with an island as a standard feature.

Fortunately, we were able to work with the developer in modifying our kitchen space. We love to cook and entertain and so we wanted a larger kitchen and an actual dining area. I proposed a new kitchen layout and they looked into the feasibility during the cooling off period in order for us to back-out of the purchase in case it wasn't possible.

Last edited:
I'll be taking occupancy in this building on March 22nd as well! I wonder how many of us will be, considering there's already 3 people here that have commented that their occupancy is March 22nd.

The loft units have the typical galley style kitchen without islands. Depending on the unit, you can purchase an island as an upgrade. All the 2-level townhouse units had galley style kitchens with an island as a standard feature.

Fortunately, we were able to work with the developer in modifying our kitchen space. We love to cook and entertain and so we wanted a larger kitchen and an actual dining area. I proposed a new kitchen layout and they looked into the feasibility during the cooling off period in order for us to back-out of the purchase in case it wasn't possible. Below are the changes that we made to the kitchen:

floorplan-small-png.41004

Good call. Their standard kitchens would be way too small for me as well.
Are you only expanding counter-top space or will you have extra storage/cupboards as well?

I've never had to discuss/propose floorplan changes with a builder before, how was the process?
What happens if they end up building not according to your floorplan but their original floorplan instead?

Good call. Their standard kitchens would be way too small for me as well.
Are you only expanding counter-top space or will you have extra storage/cupboards as well?

I've never had to discuss/propose floorplan changes with a builder before, how was the process?
What happens if they end up building not according to your floorplan but their original floorplan instead?

There will be extra storage below the added peninsula. We also extended the length of the island and increased the height of the upper cabinets. So, I don't foresee having ANY issues with kitchen storage - something that we're experiencing now :)

The process to modify the unit was relatively straight forward. When reviewing the different floor plans I commented how we really liked the one posted above, but wished the kitchen was larger. The builder's agent then informed us that modifications were possible, and that the only condition was that we had to give our deposit and sign the agreement of purchase of sale to show that we were serious about buying the unit. This was required by the developer as they would be incurring a cost to have their engineers and interior designers review our proposed modifications to determine if it was possible.

Then, during the 10-day cooling off period we were notified that the changes could be made and what the cost would be. When we agreed to move forward, we had to sign a new Agreement of Purchase and Sale that included an updated Schedule A (which showed the changes to the unit). Therefore, it's not that they just said they would do it - it's actually now included within the legal documents of our unit.

We modified the kitchen, too. Extended the island by a foot or so and built the cabinets to the ceiling. I initially proposed a design that had the kitchen right by the north facing windows but they rejected that. I'll be adding a pantry as well but I'll get that done elsewhere since the builder estimate was ridiculous.

ETA: I didn't love the process and it took ages for them to respond to anything. Not sure I'd buy precon again unless I could get the space raw and put in my own kitchen.

Back