News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 365     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Dry Cleaning: what do you pay and where?

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just paid $6.85 for a pair of trousers and $3.50 for a shirt. That's higher than I would normally pay, but I was fine with a premium this time for the convenience of next day pickup, and the location in the PATH in the building I work in. But it got me thinking about what a "normal" price should be. What do you pay for dry cleaning items?

I go to Parkers' at Manulife Centre, which is downstairs from my apartment and thus they do charge more (little less than what you quoted). Don't have my shirts drycleaned anymore, I've tried numerous places and something happens to the shirts which makes them...off...somehow, and I pay good money for my shirts. After three wears, I wash them myself in a basin with cold water, a few drops of detergent, hang dry and then iron the next day. The only materials you should take to a drycleaner are wool and silk.

The vast majority of shirts that men bring to dry cleaners are for laundering, not dry cleaning. Dry cleaning usually isn't recommended for typical mens' cotton dress shirts, which may explain why your shirts were 'off'. However, people often say dry cleaning when they mean laundering, so perhaps you were having problems with laundered shirts? If so, there is something wrong with your dry cleaner. But it sounds like you found a solution that works for you (and is environmentally friendly).

Last edited:

Back