News   Mar 28, 2024
 585     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 364     0 

Berczy Floor Plan with Terrace

smcgaw

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have been following the progress of the Berczy in the other threads and just started reading some the threads in this forum. I have see some great posts with good advice and insight here. So I thought I would post my plan and see what the experts think. We are moving into the Berczy at the end of October.

Please ignore the Balconies on the floorplan our unit is on the 6th floor so we have a terrace instead of two balconies.

Unit on the 6th floor 1220 sq ft with a terrace of approx 300-320 sq ft.

Floorplan.jpg

Attachments

• Floorplan.jpg
    Floorplan.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,291
A terrace is really nice - does it stretch along the side showing the balconies?

The laundry room looks bigger than the typical closet for stacked washer dryers - which is great for extra storage space. This will sound really silly but I think this my favourite feature - I hate how condos have no places to store the vacuum/ironing board/ your cleaning supplies etc - so it all ends up in your closet leaving you with no closet space.

I would have preferred a split bedroom layout. The second bedroom looks small. Also do the closet doors swing open as shown or are they sliding doors - sliding doors would make more sense since they don't open into the room space so much.

I don't like how when you enter the first thing you see is the box/slash office. I always hate these spaces - which look like leftover space which the architecht didn't know what to do with it so some came up with the brillant market idea of calling it an office space.

But over all its good floor plan at 1200 square feet - very liveable. Enjoy!

Thanks marsh,
The terrace stretches the entire length of the unit. (If I remember correctly it is either 40' wide and either 10' or 9' deep), either way I am looking forward to hooking up a BBQ and having friends over!

Yeah I love the set up of the laundry room as well, my wife on the other hand already has plans on how to maximize it's use. I too would prefer a split bedroom design as that is what we have currently where we live now, but do not mind this at all given the trade off of having actual usable outdoor space which for me is more important. Our current condo's balcony can barely fit more than two people seated comfortably.

Overall we are very happy with it, I have yet to come across the perfect floorplan but for our needs this in my opinion is pretty darn close.

Congrats on moving in soon, you must be very excited. This is actually a very nice floor plan and I see very little fault to it.
You can't beat square footage and you have tons of it inside and out.
I also share marsh's comments.
The only thing I would add is that I would rather have two sinks in the master bath instead of a separate tub and shower.
In terms of the den in front of the entrance, I would remove the wall that sticks out from one side of the closet -- the wall is too narrow to create much of a separation and the opening is too wide to fit a door. This will create a more open and grander feeling foyer area.

Ditto on the laundry room. It's probably my favourite feature in my condo, lol! So much better than the washer/dryer in a closet setup. That's going to be an awesome terrace.

Correct carturo15 it is a east facing unit. Hoping being on the 6th floor we clear the roof of the second cup building and get a bit of a view. If not no big deal as you do not really by into a low rise for the view. It was the location, the terrace with the ability to hook up a BBQ as well as the layout that sold us. Any type of a view would be a bonus.

I recall originally seeing that terrace units had a BBQ hookup, but can't seem to find that in writing anywhere. Was that in your purchase agreement? I can't seem to find anything in mine referencing that.

I do not think it was in the agreement but would have to check. I remember when we were buying, it was one of my requirements and the selling agent was very confident when she said that all terrace units have a BBQ hookup but the balconies do not

i like the plan also but agree that a split bedroom layout would have been more desireable, but structural walls can't be moved.
great large terrace ... hopefully you'll get alot of use from it. overall, looks good.

I do not think it was in the agreement but would have to check. I remember when we were buying, it was one of my requirements and the selling agent was very confident when she said that all terrace units have a BBQ hookup but the balconies do not

It is actually in the agreement Schedule B - General - * Gas and hose bib on private terraces as per plan

What is not in the agreement but it was on the marketing material is the appliances' brand. I remember all the sales reps assured that was going to be the standard brand, for example the fridge is supposed to be Liebherr, which is a very high end brand and AEG for cook top, wall oven and dishwasher

What is not in the agreement but it was on the marketing material is the appliances' brand. I remember all the sales reps assured that was going to be the standard brand, for example the fridge is supposed to be Liebherr, which is a very high end brand and AEG for cook top, wall oven and dishwasher

Marketing material tends to LIE. Sales reps, too. Hope this isn't the case but happens all the time.

The terrace can be nice, really nice if you spend a bit of dough and hire folks like http://boxdesign.ca/outdoor.html to do your outdoor space. I plan on using them again on my terrace at the Berczy, a couple of floors above you on the eighth floor. Recommend it highly. Let me know if you want to hook up with them.

Looks very cool 400WellingtonGuy.
Their work seems very thoughtful and it seems they can be very creative with almost any size terrace.
I will have to run this by my financial adviser (aka my wife), could you PM me any rates you are aware of, if not no big deal.

Back