The Livmore (GWL) - Real Estate -

"Oh yay rental buildings - no condos - so affordable more please!!!"

Untitled6.png

Attachments

• Untitled6.png
    Untitled6.png
    73 KB · Views: 1,183
I think a benefit of living in a rental building though is you don't have to search for your landlord if anything comes up. You deal with the rental office. In some cases the landlord could be in a different country. You also don't have to worry about getting kicked out of your home because the landlord decided to sell or is having their children move in. I guess convenience comes at a cost.

"Oh yay rental buildings - no condos - so affordable more please!!!"

View attachment 142958
I decided to rent a unit in this building as it does end up being more affordable than a condo rental. I put a deposit on a 700 sqft 1 bedroom corner unit for $2150/month. Most 2 bedroom units these days are under 700 sqft, yet all the 1 bedroom units in this building are huge by downtown Toronto standards. Current market prices for condo rentals in this area are about the same price for 500 sqft, so I'm pretty happy with what I got.

I decided to rent a unit in this building as it does end up being more affordable than a condo rental. I put a deposit on a 700 sqft 1 bedroom corner unit for $2150/month. Most 2 bedroom units these days are under 700 sqft, yet all the 1 bedroom units in this building are huge by downtown Toronto standards. Current market prices for condo rentals in this area are about the same price for 500 sqft, so I'm pretty happy with what I got.
jeez that is good. Are there smaller 1 beds available for rent? any idea what parking prices are like?

Not bad. And if there were more of these it would keep rents in check much more than silly rent controls.

Smallest one bedroom unit was 513sqft, and all of the others were between 600sqft and 700sqft. No idea about parking.
Not sure about parking (or why someone at this site would need it) but one cool feature is a dedicated uber/lyft pickup/dropoff area so drivers don't have to block traffic.

jeez that is good. Are there smaller 1 beds available for rent? any idea what parking prices are like?

the two 2-storey penthouse units have parking included, but for 1 bedrooms, you can rent parking for $225/month. as a resident, your visitors also get discounted parking at the underground garage.

I moved in today...a quick photo of my unit. More to come when I'm done unpacking!

htwKwm9lSHRlPnApVcg83uXKmn8bHiStdKY_HCV_SjjK7HYZjDohRMn0SOAVGi4U3Tw3q0Ysk8_HtPouGyQxHK-ATCygxJiK2yW4oRVd0K_JD8tfXLKiNV2ItUKKyMcHT9Wo3MgobNqziniKxsOOIJMra_AF1_AX8533wmEAABceMHur1xaKjDvm5PXQ71r9-_rIoUdSos5KRjbJBWo7wQocjoTlW6Z3ZU0G0gW51BN8FjUlZxI-j5Pe11lmc8oaRjAlT6diDXiTTg7ksXmvDXGfqF6yyNxeDGB8_-u9BFVvicW8NBTnnukJTlrDMD8dYA8-etBTtsQSwwdja6-gmMzwdlv39pKHKAft3zc8uNHQg0ZqgtVAhrZWlBzB7RBNxKBy-PwHcthryJdXHXsi43dS_AC00t4c8aB-ayhX8MwEyGBoFsTokR13wRiStKcM1DA3DAEpc2j6CTRBSOcQstUp_75HSNT1sI9NodPKCTSi-UwEW2cmMVRA3wMKAXztEXtyc6Hb42Xmsfzk-fD9RWcu4X5ZsYmjgRgOuK_2xxDvmEt9rV0_fQeBPAWrWINRYx4UO--RZbXSwFkkqQeqt_Qszli9bPXyAwbkXycp-c3cso6gExGvRztP2Vu81j7fXFFdMQdTLVv24F_rI-pGywN62JZZBBzbqVmCZMPuCi2d5k-rVrIKbtGkrsoPvMUmwL3lNqSqNpARwpa9VA=w1221-h915-no
How do you like it? How are the amenities and management? The building is such a beautiful addition to that part of downtown. Also what's that circle on the floor at the corner?.

How do you like it? How are the amenities and management? The building is such a beautiful addition to that part of downtown. Also what's that circle on the floor at the corner?.

I'm pretty sure it's an electrical outlet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This place is incredible...I'm so glad I chose this building. I finally have my living space set up. There's so much room for multiple couches and a little office area. The bigger couch is also a sofabed for when guests stay over.
IMG_20190117_123654.jpg

The sunrises are amazing. I keep waking up super early now to watch them:
IMG_20190108_075748.jpg

And the kitchen is huge. I've been cooking twice a day almost everyday yet my hydro bill was still under $40 last month. They literally bought the best appliances they could and the oven even has wifi!
IMG_20181227_085059.jpg

My bedroom has a ton of room for furniture compared to the condos I was looking at before deciding to live here, and it also has a pretty great view:
IMG_20181230_122956.jpg
IMG_20190102_081159.jpg

The circle on the floor is a receptacle with power, ethernet and cable outlets. The amenties floor looks amazing but I haven't really had a chance to use them yet. We had a flood last week on the day when it was 5 degrees, and the gym got damaged, so it's going to be closed for a couple of months while they repair it. But communication has been great and I get emails regularly on the status of the building and repairs.

I also found out after moving in that I can get to work by crossing the street and walking through the parking lot to College Park. Everyone was so damn jealous about my commute last night.

Last edited:
WTG...congratz..does it have a balcony? just asking... thank you

Back