News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

New UrbanToronto Development Map

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
We have a new development map being readied. This will show where all the projects we discuss are located as well as the type of project and the project's development status.

Note that for the time being most projects are defined as completed. The area around Yonge and Bloor is the only one where the "Building Status" shows which projects are completed, being planned or under construction. This will be changed before our proper launch.

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/map_beta/

Please leave your thoughts here. All comments are greatly appreciated as we work to build a great map.

Edward​

looks great, but the icons look low res. "search filters", "did we miss something"

looking forward to see it in it's completed form.

Double check the Fort York projects as a couple are in the wrong location or backwards.

I love this map.

Double check the location for Loft FortyFive as it's quite off.

my only beef is the large UT logo... it takes up so much vertical space and shifts things down... I know we want to standardize the logos, but UT should have a smaller size in certain areas where you can't scroll down... like the map..

What do you think of the choice of using Bing?

as far as I know it is way cheaper. And for what UT needs the map for, there is essentially no reason to pay the much larger costs to use Google Maps.

also, when this comes out of beta will it get it's own link up on the header with News, Database, and Forum?

Is there a way to add a filter by year? Would be interesting to track project growth over time periods.

Great work on this!

I've only taken a quick look at it thus far and have no specific comments, but I just wanted to say that this is a truly excellent addition to the site. It really helps to give a sense of where the development hot spots are, and for people to get a clear view of what's happening in their own neighbourhoods. I think it will be a very addictive way to browse the site.

I've been on this forum on and off for years, and you seem to just keep improving it. Great job!

This is incorrect

Screen shot 2015-03-08 at 10.35.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-03-08 at 10.35.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-03-08 at 10.35.36 PM.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 450

Back