Markham Markham Pan Am Centre | ?m | 2s | B+H

canarob

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought this already had a thread, but I guess not.

Located in the city’s developing downtown core, Markham Centre, this premier community centre will host water polo, badminton and table tennis, and Parapan table tennis competitions in 2015. The welcoming design of the 13,657 square metre (147,000 sq. foot)multipurpose centre features a glass front with splashes of colour. Inside, it boasts a triple gymnasium with approximately 3,158 square metres (34,000 sq. feet) for training, competition and community use, as well as a 10-lane, 50-metre Olympic-sized swimming pool. The 12.5-metre-high clear ceilings of the centre’s field house also meet international badminton, volleyball and other sport height requirements for an ideal field of play. In addition to the athletic facilities, the centre also makes space for several all-purpose rooms, meeting areas and a two-level fitness centre for optimal community use at the 2.4-hectare property at 16 Main St. Unionville.

panamcentre.gif

http://www.markham.ca/wps/portal/Ma...Zzc_g8Aw81AXA08vJ0v3UH9zYzNTE_2CbEdFAFDK5K4!/

This is well underway:

Yes, I was in the area recently and it's starting to really come together. This will be a real asset to the community for years to come.

Markham was upset that Scarborough got the bigger pools, but we lucked out with this one, especially if it becomes part of a new York U campus.

Back