DuKe Condo (TAS Design Build) - Real Estate -

I was at the preview/opening last Saturday. The sales office is right across the street from the site.
I am very impressed with this development. The building looks really sharp and tastefully designed inside and out. The generous use of sand coloured brick walls with black windows and black recessed balconies of the building are very nice and will stand the test of time. The use of black steel picket railings on some of the balconies is a welcome change.
This is the kind of building I would like to see more in downtown Toronto, such as little Italy and Queen West.

I think this development is on the wrong side of Keele, as the stretch of Dundas east of Keele seems rather lifeless and lacking the hip and quirky shops that's all west of Keele, but I'm sure once this is built that will all change by then.

There is less than 90 units in this building, making it a true boutique building. There is a wide range of floor plans and price point, and many units feature large terraces.
Prices range from $225,900 for a 433 sq.ft. studio to $1.1m for a 1,500 sq.ft. corner 2+den with a huge wrap around terrace which will have great downtown views.
The prices per sq.ft. also varies widely from just under $500/sq.ft. to $720/sq.ft. which for the Junction neighbourhood seems a bit high, given that houses in the area are being snapped up due to its relative affordability (but not for very long). There are a few 2-storey work/live townhouses that front the alley which are really attractively priced.
The units themselves are generously sized and well laid out -- no weird or wasted spaces, and there are a number of some really unique suites. The finishes and features are high quality and very tastefully chosen and doesn't look so trendy and cookie cutter like most downtown condos. There is also party room with a kitchen and bbq terrace, and a small gym which are welcomed amenities given its boutique size of building.

I think this is a great development, though the height is more than twice as tall as anything else on Dundas which may ruin the modest character of this street and will create a new precedent for the area.

Back