Hudson Condos, The (Great Gulf) - Real Estate -

I lived here for 6 years. The Brian Gluckstein-finished common areas are among the most impressive in the city and the board is stacked with professionals who do a great job.

The only downsides are the conservative unit interior finishes and (surprise, surprise) the construction company took some short-cuts with the plumbing, so there have been some serious recurring water damage issues, but overall an excellent building.

I lived here for 6 years. The Brian Gluckstein-finished common areas are among the most impressive in the city and the board is stacked with professionals who do a great job.

The only downsides are the conservative unit interior finishes and (surprise, surprise) the construction company took some short-cuts with the plumbing, so there have been some serious recurring water damage issues, but overall an excellent building.

Like flooding? Could you expand on this? This is one of the buildings I'm considering.

Like flooding? Could you expand on this? This is one of the buildings I'm considering.

Tucker HiRise tried to get away with using two water risers instead of three as per the building's blueprints. The two risers were overpowered to compensate, but the pipes couldn't handle the pressure and developed pinhole leaks over time, which caused a lot of damage. I think Context's Spire condos went through something similar.

Anyway, the problem was fixed very effectively a few years ago at great expense and the board was seeking a settlement with the developer. I'd still strongly recommend buying here, but take a walk around the neighbourhood on a Thursday or Saturday night and make sure you're comfortable with the noise levels and immense douchery.

Back