News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

Toronto Premium Outlets (Halton Hills)

vistaway

Member Bio
Reaction score
Opening date is August 1. Initial stores announced: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=109

Adidas
Aeropostale
Aldo
American Eagle Outfitters
Ardene
Asics
Banana Republic Factory Store
Bellisima
Bench
Bose
Broadway Fashions
Brooks Brothers Factory Store
Burberry
Calvin Klein
Coach
Cole Hahn
Columbia Sportswear
Corningware Corelle Revere
Danier
DKNY
Eddie Bauer Outlet
Famous Footwear Outlet
Fossil
Gap Outlet
Garage
Gateway Newstand
Guess Factory Store
Haggar Clothing Co.
Hot Topic
Hudson's Bay Outlet
Hugo Boss Factory Store
Icebreaker
J.Crew
Kate Spade New York
Levi's Outlet Store
Lids
Lindt Chocolate
Lucky Brand
Michael Kors
Naturalizer
Nike Factory Store
Nine West Outlet
Oakley Vault
Oro Gold Cosmetics
Perfumes 4 U
Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store
Ports 1961
Puma
Reebok
Restoration Hardware
Rockport
Royal Doulton
Samsonite
Sarar
Saucony
Signature Perfume
Skechers
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker London
The Body Shop
The Children's Place Outlet
The Cosmetics Company Store
Think Kitchen
Tommy Hilfiger
Tom's Place
True Religion Brand Jeans
Victorinox Swiss Army
Vince Camuto
Watch Station International
YaYa & Co.
Zumiez

Last edited:
Good catch. I updated the list. It reads a lot like other Premium Outlet locations in the states. Quite a few retailers that were previously US-only there.

Store Directory released
Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_1.jpg
Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_2.jpg

Attachments

• Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_1.jpg
    Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 18,551
  • Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_2.jpg
    Premium Outlets Halton Hills (store directory & map)_Page_2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 31,350
I feel bad to those who don't have cars. They are missing some action and promising deals.

Hmm... and they have provided space for tour buses too.

I'll be going at Aug 4th though.

GO Trains are not that far away from Lisgar and Milton. Maybe there will be shuttle buses running? Maybe even shopping buses from Toronto.

There's no questioning this mall's popularity - the traffic queue is currently backed up down Trafalgar, on to the 401 and all the way back to the 407 (about 4km).

Nice mall - design and layout just like any of the purpose-built Premium Outlets (like Orlando) and much better than the old-style Grove City/Waterloo/Birch Run. Definitely has a more upscale feel, although the selection of stores (like Brooks Brothers, Ted Baker, Restoration Hardware and J. Crew) helps that quite a bit.

Although it's really a car-only destination, I have to give credit to the developers and the town for building bike paths along Steeles and pedestrian entrances all the way from the road to the mall.

Some pics:

Thanks for posting these first pics vistaway. What are the deals like?

I am now old enough to say "everything old is new again".

The first mall built in Brampton Ontario was the cleverly named Brampton Mall........once malls like Bramalea City Centre and Shoppers World came along it was left to be a "B" (if that) centre because everyone wanted to shop indoors...then the big box craze came along and the lower costs for the retailers they convinced us we should shop there....now, it seems, mall thinking has come back around to the concept of partially indoors and partially outdoors....

....wonder if someone could revamp this old beauty?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...DSCF5143.JPG/200px-Brampton_Mall_DSCF5143.JPG

It really is a throwback, but it works for them in every country I been to - even the UK and Japan, with similar weather to us - it should work here too.

Plenty of good deals - nothing crazy, but most stores had X% off everything (which is already outlet-priced) or buy one get one 50%/free deals.

I've heard traffic is even worse now...who would have thought an 85-store mall would jam both directions of Canada's busiest highway.

It really is a throwback, but it works for them in every country I been to - even the UK and Japan, with similar weather to us - it should work here too.

Yep...I was just wondering if someone would look at malls of the same generation of the Brampton Mall (and there must be lots of 'em in good locations too I bet) and say "mmmm....with a bit of money we could refresh this and bring it back to life".

I've heard traffic is even worse now...who would have thought an 85-store mall would jam both directions of Canada's busiest highway.

Given how far people drive to the states for these "outlet experiences"...and the moniker "Toronto" on this one....and the fact that the only way to get to this is by car.....not really surprised that on an opening day in the summer that this is causing traffic issues.

Will likely calm down once it has been open for a few weeks/months.

My mom went. She took Mississauga Rd up to Steeles, and west along Steeles. Apparently some of it is 1 lane in each direction. She went around 9:30 am (it opened at 9 am) and it was hard for her to find a spot. She was there till 2. She said there were lines for Michael Kors and Coach. There were crazy lines for the food court. There were people parking in the field across Steeles.

She said it was nice but would wait till it calms down because it was insanely busy.

My mom went. She took Mississauga Rd up to Steeles, and west along Steeles. Apparently some of it is 1 lane in each direction. She went around 9:30 am (it opened at 9 am) and it was hard for her to find a spot. She was there till 2. She said there were lines for Michael Kors and Coach. There were crazy lines for the food court. There were people parking in the field across Steeles.

She said it was nice but would wait till it calms down because it was insanely busy.

Coach and Michael Kors will likely have lines even when it dies down a bit - I always see lines outside these stores in the US malls.

There's no questioning this mall's popularity - the traffic queue is currently backed up down Trafalgar, on to the 401 and all the way back to the 407 (about 4km).

Nice mall - design and layout just like any of the purpose-built Premium Outlets (like Orlando) and much better than the old-style Grove City/Waterloo/Birch Run. Definitely has a more upscale feel, although the selection of stores (like Brooks Brothers, Ted Baker, Restoration Hardware and J. Crew) helps that quite a bit.

Although it's really a car-only destination, I have to give credit to the developers and the town for building bike paths along Steeles and pedestrian entrances all the way from the road to the mall.

Some pics:

love the astro turf on that shot!

As for deals...well that depends on what you are looking for.
From my experience the regular prices are pretty much like retail in any T.O establishment.
Most places have their prices discounted by 20% while others were more so, for example:
  • Coach- best one as everything, even clearance items, were 50% off ( men and women ).
  • Cole Haan - all shoes were between 40% to 60% off MSP
  • Restoration Hardware - average 20% off but got a great deal on a leather iPad case with bluetooth keyboard@$47CND
  • Mountain Warehouse - most items were 50% off; similar to Mt Co-Op
  • Ralph Lauren - could not understand the appeal especially since their items are priced the same as in Sporting Life/Holts/et al...

ooooo the traffic is disgusting so if you plan on going aim for a 9AM arrival. As it is an outdoor mall dress accordingly.
Best route is to approach from Trafalgar going north.

Back