News   Mar 28, 2024
 629     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

Porter Expanding - C Series Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://business.financialpost.com/2013/04/10/porter-airlines-cseries/

Looks like they are requesting to lengthen the landing strip and allow jets on the island

Good or bad?

I personally think it's a great idea.

The 100 households living on the island, probably not so much.

Might be best for this discussion to be limited to one place and since there has been an active Porter/Island airport thread in the transportation area for a long time....that might be the place.

Pretty sure all those people living in their million dollar condos on the waterfront, not to mention Waterfront Toronto's revitalization plans, would not look too kindly upon having large planes coming to and from the airport...

Does Porter have a backup plan to use Pearson, or perhaps to find another hub city?
Their back up plan is to cancel the order for the planes.

And they should (cancel them). Noise pollution coming from the airport is already ridiculous, but what can you do... it predates most condos and people should put up with it.

Expanding it to accommodate jets is troublesome and unnecessary on the other hand.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/04/10/porter-airlines-cseries/

Looks like they are requesting to lengthen the landing strip and allow jets on the island

Good or bad?

I personally think it's a great idea.

The 100 households living on the island, probably not so much.

No change to noise abatement procedures. No change to NEF25 rules. In effect, there is no net impact. Those 100 residents wouldn't even notice the change from Q400 to CS100 unless they looked up and saw it.

You assume that the airport is already producing as much noise as it is theoretically allowed to. I don't know if that is the case (and I doubt it somehow).

No change to noise abatement procedures. No change to NEF25 rules. In effect, there is no net impact. Those 100 residents wouldn't even notice the change from Q400 to CS100 unless they looked up and saw it.

All the same, David Miller probably went into convulsions today.

And they should (cancel them). Noise pollution coming from the airport is already ridiculous, but what can you do... it predates most condos and people should put up with it.

Expanding it to accommodate jets is troublesome and unnecessary on the other hand.

Do you live down there? There is more noise from the gardiner or the Go Train. This is a fact. Does this impact the island residents? possibly. But the C Series jets are technically quieter than the existing Turbo Props.

I have a condo in 650 Queens Quay, my friends live on the south side, on the 35th floor of City Place. Noise it not a factor. Blends in with the 'hum' of the city.

Perhaps some research before getting all knee jerk reaction.

I would have complained about the go expansion to the airport, it's a lot more noisy than the airport.

Yeah - I lived in Cityplace and the noise from the GO train was way more noticeable than the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back