News   Apr 18, 2024
 613     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Lawrence/Dixon LRT (Unofficial proposal)

denfromoakvillemilton

Member Bio
Reaction score
Could this happen in the future? A second line from Etobicoke all the wall the Scarborough near west hill? It would remove more pressure from the system and create much more transfer point and easier trips for people.

can they get rapid transit too?
And what about Brimley and Islington,

Last edited:
Id be happy with one... However it would go from the airport to York university at bayview. And then it would stop. Then it could start again at leslie and go east to scarborough. The DRL should make it up to at least Lawrence and Don mills (The shops at don mills). But how long are we talking in the future. I have always said if Eglinton gets too busy instead of converting it to a subway they should build a Lawrence LRT to spread out the demand. I think that's the best part of LRT. That it is reasonable to expect future expansion without bankrupting us. People can argue that but it is really only the underground sections that cost a fortune. Id expect most of Lawrence to be above ground.

Id be happy with one... However it would go from the airport to York university at bayview. And then it would stop. Then it could start again at leslie and go east to scarborough. The DRL should make it up to at least Lawrence and Don mills (The shops at don mills). But how long are we talking in the future. I have always said if Eglinton gets too busy instead of converting it to a subway they should build a Lawrence LRT to spread out the demand. I think that's the best part of LRT. That it is reasonable to expect future expansion without bankrupting us. People can argue that but it is really only the underground sections that cost a fortune. Id expect most of Lawrence to be above ground.

That's I think I think this should be done right after Eglinton opens. I think that an LRT from Dixon Carlingview to Port Union/ Lawrence would solve many of the problems we have

I sometimes think that as well... But at the same time wouldn't it make sense to add more rapid transit on each corridor going north of the city... For instance bloor subway, st clair streetcar, eglinton lrt, Lawrence bus? ellesmere lrt? sheppard subway/lrt, finch lrt

I sometimes think that as well... But at the same time wouldn't it make sense to add more rapid transit on each corridor going north of the city... For instance bloor subway, st clair streetcar, eglinton lrt, Lawrence bus? ellesmere lrt? sheppard subway/lrt, finch lrt

That's what I was also thinking. Imagine the Bloor Danforth Going on Danforth rd up McCowan or and Islinton LRT north south. There's so many options to relieve pressure.

I always thought the St Clair ROW can head North on Scarlett and west on Dixon to the airport.

It would be nice to see a busway on Steeles, Lawrence and WYME, and complete the Finch East LRT.

Last edited:
Lawrence Crosstown LRT sounds like overkill to me. Busses on Lawrence handles the passenger load quite well. The most I'd built is a BRT unless the Eglinton LRT reaches full capacity.

If I had to build an LRT on Lawrence today, it would only be from Lawrence West Station to Black Creek Drive.

Back