66     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 217     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

DRL Route through the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This had better not be the second April Fool's joke I've fallen for today. BlogTO's bike network one was bad enough...

Last edited:
It needed more humour like an outlandish claim that ' the TTC expects to break ground on the first station in 2014' or something similar. The BlogTO story about $500M worth of bike lanes by 2015 was solid trolling though.

LOL.

Nice one.

I was really struggling with one, to be honest. Good job guys! "Andrew King" and "Downtown Relief Life" confirmed it was a joke.

This one was actually very believable, whereas the BlogTO one was just over the top.

It is pretty disheartening, because the Wellington alignment makes a ton of sense.

Last edited:
It's more of a provocation than a joke; something to get people talking. The ideas put forth in it are serious, although not yet engineer-tested!

It needed more humour like an outlandish claim that ' the TTC expects to break ground on the first station in 2014' or something similar. The BlogTO story about $500M worth of bike lanes by 2015 was solid trolling though.
Yeah, thanks to the lack of any specific outlandish claims, I was genuinely fooled by the article.

I thought it odd that a "preferred alignment" would happen so out of the blue though. Usually we have much more warning for these things!

It's testament to how low our standards are for transit development that a mere discussion about which street the DRL might best be placed under is too outlandish to be taken seriously. I completely thought this was real, except I thought the TTC is unusually “on the ball,” and it's about time.

yes, I believed every minute of this. Mind you I expected an article on the entire route, not just through the down-town core.. and the possible future GO station is at bathurst, not spadina. Anyways, I really do think the final design will have it run on King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back