News   Mar 28, 2024
 598     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 

President Obama's State of the Union address

fedplanner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm curious. Does anyone watch this live in Canada? If so, does any care to offer opinions on the speech?

I'm curious. Does anyone watch this live in Canada? If so, does any care to offer opinions on the speech?

I did not watch it live but I saw afterwords where Obama has promised to bring in carbon taxes (which he called a "market-based climate-change plan — maybe something like the cap-and-trade program John McCain once proposed") and he promised to bring in these carbon taxes by executive order if congress doesn't cooperate (which they probably will since they are all in the back-pocket of wall-street just like Obama).

What surprises me is how little coverage there was of this in the US media today (today CNN devoted 12 hours of wall-to-wall live coverage of a disabled cruise ship being towed into port).

I was hoping in a second term Obama would be free to be his own President (like JFK was) but instead he is a puppet just like most Presidents that came before him. He is bought and paid for by the banksters on Wall street.

Last edited:

Back