Toronto 55 Sheppard East | 45.41m | 14s

Looks like the SW corner of Sheppard/Bonnington. 49 Sheppard East is currently the sales office for Minto's 88 project, so this should also be one of their future developments.

I think this would also include the site where the old <10 storey office building now stands (west of Minto Spring + Radiance condos)

^ The 9 and 7(?) storey office buildings are 45 and 47 Sheppard E. They would need to be involved when Doris is extended south of Sheppard and connect to Tradewind. I believe the North York Centre Secondary Plan shows the Doris/Sheppard intersection shifted eastwards, with Doris splitting the property lines of 45/47 and 49 Sheppard East, and continue south. Bonnington would be dead-ended for vehicles just before Sheppard. I lived in one of those houses on the west side of Bonnington before moving out to Vancouver. I wondered when the first domino would fall for those 12 houses (two have already been demolished as part of the Hullmark development).

Last piece of info I could find.

2011.GM5.10
North York City Centre Service Road - Application for Approval to Expropriate 49 Sheppard Avenue East and 14 to 24 Bonnington Place

Looks like this proposal is for a residential building after all.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3289411

49 SHEPPARD AVE E
Ward 23 - North York District

Application to Amend the Official Plan and Zoning By - Law for 49 Sheppard Avenue East and 14 - 24 Bonnington Place. The application proposes a 14-storey (46 m) mixed use residential-commercial building. The project would consist of 152 residential units, a gross floor area of approximately 14,000m2 and an FSI of 4.65. A total of 272 underground parking spaces on 4 levels are proposed consisting of 122 for residential use, 12 for residential visitor and 138 for retail use. Also included as part of this proposal is a request to permit a private commercial parking lot (95 spaces) on an interim basis until the development commences.

looks like this sits right in the path of the planned doris ave..

I've been wondering what the plan has been regarding that extension. From what I could gather from skimming the report was that they do intend to build road..

It would certainly open up more area to the south for development.

I wonder if there are any plans to rezone the properties to the east of Doris to allow for development?

I wonder if there are any plans to rezone the properties to the east of Doris to allow for development?
I know there's one application over at 101 Sheppard Ave. E
A proposed 5-storey commercial building with retail uses on the ground floor, medical office uses on the upper 4 floors and 2 levels of underground parking.

Could this application just be an exercise to make the land worth more for when the City expropriates? That's what the landowners tried (somewhat unsuccessfully) down at the First Parliament site.

Back