Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Urbanation's Q3 Results Show Condo Sales Are On The Rise
ALSO

Thread: Canon Camera

Default Canon Camera

Before I put my camera up for sale on Kijiji I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone's interested. It's the camera I've used for the past 2 years to post pix in various threads here. I've been very happy with it and I'm selling because I'm upgrading. Everything included, it originally cost me almost $2K. It's in excellent working condition and only suffers from cosmetic wear and tear. It is a Canon T2i, 18 mp body with a Tamron 18-270 lens. Comes with hood and skylight filter. It also has 1080 HD video. Great all around camera that should serve almost any purpose. I'm looking for around $550 for it.

Sorry to pry, but what are you upgrading to??? *cough* get a 5D *cough*

Just asking because i recently upgraded from a t3i to a 5dmkII and the difference is mindblowing (except i am keeping the t3i). I might be interested in swapping your 18-270 for my old Canon 18-55 plus the difference in cash if that is something you would be open to
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

^ I'm upgrading to a Canon 6D with a 24-105 lens. I chose that combo because the weight is very similar to what I have now. I'll pass on your offer of the 18-55 since I don't have any use for it and I think it will be easier to sell my equipment as a unit.

Understandable about the keeping your equipment together as a package. Though I am curious as to why you picked the 6D over the 5D? Is weight the only factor because I went through this same decision process a few months back and was originally going for a 6D but research pointed me towards the 5D
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

The 6D has everything I need for my type of shooting which is street photography that can be blown up big. A lot of my fine art print sales are in the 40x30" region. Weight is a major consideration. When I travel to shoot I'm out all day and the weight of the camera eventually took it's toll. Without going into details, I had to go to a podiatrist to correct the damage done by the weight of the camera. I had to cut down on the time I go shooting or risk permanent damage to my feet.

Understood. Thanks for the reply.
    The 5DmkII is reallly heavy. Especially with the gear i generally sling over my shoulder so I understand your logic. With flash and battery grip attached it is like carrying around a bag of bricks. There isn't a whole lot that the 5D can do that a 6D can't and the weight is certainly lighter on the 6D. I was experiencing some pretty rough neck pains when I used the Canon neckstrap. Blackrapid shoulder strap has fixed it right up....

Anyways for anyone checking this thread out who is interested in androiduks camera, it is a great machine and with the lens he is offering, for $550 it can't be beat! I'm surprised nobody has jumped at the offer yet

Sorry, no longer for sale.

are you still selling it?
    Quote Originally Posted by androiduk View Post
    Before I put my camera up for sale on Kijiji I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone's interested. It's the camera I've used for the past 2 years to post pix in various threads here. I've been very happy with it and I'm selling because I'm upgrading. Everything included, it originally cost me almost $2K. It's in excellent working condition and only suffers from cosmetic wear and tear. It is a Canon T2i, 18 mp body with a Tamron 18-270 lens. Comes with hood and skylight filter. It also has 1080 HD video. Great all around camera that should serve almost any purpose. I'm looking for around $550 for it.