Toronto The G2 | 155.2m | 46s | Greenwin | Sweeny &Co

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
https://grosvenor-login.datarooms.com/Flyer.aspx?DRID=9bad41ee-988b-4561-83e2-c244bad517de

Infrastructure Ontario is selling the Government of Ontario’s property at 26 Grenville Street and 27 Grosvenor Street in downtown Toronto.
The site is located north of College Street, between the highly desirable corridors of Yonge and Bay Streets.

In 2011, Infrastructure Ontario retained a team led by Urban Strategies Inc. to conduct an Optimal Use Study to explore development options for
the site. The Optimal Use Study examined the planning policy framework, heritage and market considerations, and issues related to urban design.

The study determined that two residential towers in the range of 40 to 50 storeys would be the most appropriate development scenario for the
site, yielding approximately 800-900 residential units, and 60,000 m2 (645, 835 ft2) to 72,000 m2 (775, 000 ft2) of residential GFA.

Last edited:
Considering Burano and Karma are 163 and 164 metres respectively, they shouldn't have much problem getting 50 floors here.

Yonge & College is becoming quite dense with all these projects in the pipeline. This will further help fill in the gaps in the urban fabric of the area.

And nothing significant will be lost, a parking garage and the low-rise part of the Coroner's Complex/forensic services, which are moving to Downsview. The tower at 15/25 Grenville is not part of this, so I wonder if the province is looking to keep it for other functions. It's a building I'm fond of.

You sure the tower isn't part of it ??? I really hope not ! I like that tower too.

I think I recall or read somewhere they were going to redo the interior inside. Would they keep it still, or is all of it moving to Downsview ?

What goes on there gives me the creeps, move it all to Downsview but keep the office building (#25), I like it too. This is a good area for further intensification, hopefully we'll have downtown relief lines by the time these buildings get through the whole process and are built.

We're good !

The existing buildings are currently connected
to the Government of Ontario’s 20-storey
George Drew office building at 25 Grosvenor
Street by way of an interior courtyard, a shared
loading access lane and a driveway ramp.
• Upon selecting a purchaser, the site will be
severed from 25 Grosvenor Street, which will
remain property of the Province of Ontario.

Considering the trend of condo naming by association in the area (Murano, Burano), maybe they should continue the "Karma" theme next doors and go with Nirvana.

The 18 Grenville Peregrine co-op building to the east of this site is L-shaped, and half the occupants face into an already dim and mossy courtyard (look at the shadows in the box renders). Combined with Karma to the South, these developments are going to completely enshroud the co-op. I'm not a fan of turning the Opera lands to the north into one large park, but given the remarkable density in the College-to-Grosvenor block, the call for more open space is valid.

Given it will be built over teh old morgue, I would suggest names like: Ressurection, Ghost or Zombtopia.

Infrastructure Ontario is selling the Government of Ontario’s property at 26 Grenville Street and 27 Grosvenor Street in downtown Toronto.
The site is located north of College Street, between the highly desirable corridors of Yonge and Bay Streets.

In 2011, Infrastructure Ontario retained a team led by Urban Strategies Inc. to conduct an Optimal Use Study to explore development options for
the site. The Optimal Use Study examined the planning policy framework, heritage and market considerations, and issues related to urban design.

The study determined that two residential towers in the range of 40 to 50 storeys would be the most appropriate development scenario for the
site, yielding approximately 800-900 residential units, and 60,000 m2 (645, 835 ft2) to 72,000 m2 (775, 000 ft2) of residential GFA.

Just what this area needs.... Aprox, 2x40s/80 storeys of affordable housing,

Back