News   Mar 28, 2024
 200     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     2 

400 University Ave (Re-Cladding Zurich, Quadrangle)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like this building is going to be re-clad as there is a test panel at the south-west corner.

Not sure if this will add to the look or take away from with these panels.

Looks like a major tenant is about to move out to one of the new towers being built.
8292185760_b31301e43c_b.jpg

Do you know which tenant, they don't list much space available, usually they do (even if a tenant isn't leaving for a year or so) when they know for sure.

Indeed. I mentioned this in the RCMI thread 3 months ago.:)

Quadrangle Architects.

I have not being following most threads due to lack of time as well not doing much photo shooting since Sept. I don't remember seeing this panel last month when I shot the 2 projects around it.

Just starting to get caught up on projects I have not seen in over 6 months.

Wait, so now not only is every new building in this city clad entirely in glass (with obnoxious mullions/frames) but now the OLDER stuff is all being re-clad too? FML.

That would appear to be the case. With all the glass towers having sprouted up everywhere, the Zurich building was coming into its own in terms of looks.

Whoever is responsible for this decision is a moron, pure and simple.

The building will look worse, your heating costs will probably rise and you're going to be foregoing a lot of rent while you do it.

Anyone have the building owners email? I can think of better ways to waste a ton of money, like perhaps a trip to Vegas.

Last edited:
That panel looks like flimsy, bargain-basement cladding. If you're dumb enough to ruin this building for no apparent reason, you're probably dumb enough to replace it with something less energy efficient.

There many recladding that I really like. But this one is sadly not one of them. However these panels will likely be much cheaper to install than the original multi-piece system.
any chance for this to simply be a test piece? A dark frame and brown panels would go a long way. Talk about 15% solutions.

Back