2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 647     0 

New post email alerts

adeel

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone else noticing that the email alerts they receive for posts to threads they are subscribed to are coming hours after the posts themselves are made? I find many of my email alerts are now giving me info I have already read on the forums after I have already visited.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or how I can rectify.

I have been having this problem since late September. Sometimes getting posts up to 19 hours late. Very frustrating situation

yeah, i've also been experiencing this since about daylights savings time I believe (likely even before)

No fixes then?

To tell how bad the problem is, i just now got an email alert for somemidtowners post from Nov 26...two days after I read and responded to the post...

I got around 90 email alerts within 3 hours last night and now everything seems to have caught up. Now getting updates within 15 minutes of the post going up. Not instant like before but its getting there

I got around 90 email alerts within 3 hours last night and now everything seems to have caught up. Now getting updates within 15 minutes of the post going up. Not instant like before but its getting there

agreed, also got a flood of emails but things seem better

board seems to be running faster too

Yep, been having the same problem for a few weeks. Pretty frustrating, as I get all these e-mails only to find I've already checked out most of the pics they link to. As some of you have said, though, I've been getting a couple a bit faster tonight...See how long it lasts. Before it used to be well-nigh instantaneous.

Heey guys I need a little help with my emails. I don't care about getting emails to my hotmail address that are directly to me but how the hell do I get rid of receiving emails from everything that is posted? I get about 100/day on my hotmail account and I don't know how to change my profile so I only get mail specifically for me from other members.

Thanks, Shane

ssiguy

Heey guys I need a little help with my emails. I don't care about getting emails to my hotmail address that are directly to me but how the hell do I get rid of receiving emails from everything that is posted? I get about 100/day on my hotmail account and I don't know how to change my profile so I only get mail specifically for me from other members.

Thanks, Shane

ssiguy

At the very bottom of every email update, there is a link to unsubscribe from the specific thread the update relates to, followed by a link to unsubscribe from ALL threads. You want to click the second link to stop receiving updates.

Back