Axiom (Greenpark) - Real Estate -

NewCondoMart

Member Bio
Reaction score
Axiom V.I.P. Sales event will be taking place this week. For access to purchase FIRST (prior to platinum brokers) Contact us today. Also if you would like to view the brochure and floor plans call 647 - 267 - 1967 or email info@newcondomart.com. Thanks

Looking forward to the next 3 years following the Axiom Condo project....
Just bought two units... 1 bedroom w/den 649 sq ft and bachelor suite 438 sq ft ... both with parking! Great investments.... :)

Any idea if groundbreaking is this spring, summer or in 2014, for Axiom by Greenpark?
I live in Vaughan. Would love eyes in the area....

Anything new on the Axiom front ??

Diane

Hey Diane, the only thing new is Phase 2 has already been selling to VIP agents. On Sept 27th they had an exclusive open house to those agents offering: No Maintenance Fees for 1 Year, Guaranteed Rent for 1 Year or 1% Cash Back,Free Assignment, Free Property Management for 1 Year, and a Free Locker.

Some pretty sweet incentives.

As for construction, the yellow building on the lot is slowly being demolished. The interiors seems completely gutted and the second floor windows removed. My guess is this building will be coming down hopefully by the end of the year.

Hey Diane, the only thing new is Phase 2 has already been selling to VIP agents. On Sept 27th they had an exclusive open house to those agents offering: No Maintenance Fees for 1 Year, Guaranteed Rent for 1 Year or 1% Cash Back,Free Assignment, Free Property Management for 1 Year, and a Free Locker.

Some pretty sweet incentives.

As for construction, the yellow building on the lot is slowly being demolished. The interiors seems completely gutted and the second floor windows removed. My guess is this building will be coming down hopefully by the end of the year.

Thanks for the update. We're looking forward to some progress.
You mentioned "lockers".... we were not given the option to purchase lockers with our condo.
We were told, lockers were to be purchased when we selected the interiors (ie flooring, kitchen interiors etc).
That seems odd to me.
Has anyone purchased lockers with their unit ?? If so, I need to make some calls ...

Thanks for the update. We're looking forward to some progress.
You mentioned "lockers".... we were not given the option to purchase lockers with our condo.
We were told, lockers were to be purchased when we selected the interiors (ie flooring, kitchen interiors etc).
That seems odd to me.
Has anyone purchased lockers with their unit ?? If so, I need to make some calls ...

Diane I would make some calls then. I bought late, a year after the building was released, and one incentive was a free locker included. Perhaps they were holding onto lockers as incentives for late buyers like myself or to sweeten the deal for phase 2 buyers. I think price point is between $3000-5000. Make a call and see whats available.

Brownfields Remediation

Hi all,

The Agreement for this deal says that the builder will submit a record of site condition with the Brownfields Environmental Site Registry confirming that the lands have been remediated to the standards required for residential land use.

Is anyone else scared by this?

Does anyone know the previous use of this land?

T.C.

Hi all,

The Agreement for this deal says that the builder will submit a record of site condition with the Brownfields Environmental Site Registry confirming that the lands have been remediated to the standards required for residential land use.

Is anyone else scared by this?

Does anyone know the previous use of this land?

T.C.

champ 123, are you sure about this? my purchase agreement says nothing about this, unless this is new information the developer has just recently found.

Im not necessarily scared. I trust the developer will make all efforts to meet the requirements. I imagine Ivory condos and any development in the east end would have to undergo the same qualification.

What concerns you about it?

From looking at Goads maps and street directories it seems unlikely that there was ever significant manufacturing on this site. The Gendron Co (they made wheel chairs etc) was in building just north of the site - it's still there - but other buildings seem to have been homes. I would not worry that they are checking the site out - better that than not doing so and IF they find contamination it will be removed during excavation. (I think the reason for the testing is to ensure that IF there is contaminated soil it goes to be remediated and not spread on farmers' fields.

champ 123, are you sure about this? my purchase agreement says nothing about this, unless this is new information the developer has just recently found.

Im not necessarily scared. I trust the developer will make all efforts to meet the requirements. I imagine Ivory condos and any development in the east end would have to undergo the same qualification.

What concerns you about it?

@pmilo - Take a look at the Disclosure Statement that came with the offer (in the bound condo docs package) - section 23(w).

What scares me (slightly) is the reference to Brownfields, which conjures images of landfills and hazardous waste. I agree that this developer is great and I am hoping that it did its due diligence before purchasing the land. I looked online to see land around the area and a few in the immediate vicinity have been registered with Ontario's Brownfield's database. I have saved the links for reviewing tonight.

What realistically scares me more is the likelihood (however small) that us condo owners will need to pay, post-closing, to fix any issues that come to light down the road. Not sure Tarion covers this issue, and since it was disclosed in the condo documents, not sure the developer will have liability after closing either. Perhaps a paranoid fear, as this is my first pre-construction purchase. :)

@DSC - I would have hoped that the developer checked this out before purchasing the land and, regardless, wouldn't any lender giving the developer a mortgage have definitely asked for an environmental study to be conducted (I hope!) before sinking millions into the property?

Any idea if groundbreaking is this spring, summer or in 2014, for Axiom by Greenpark?
I live in Vaughan. Would love eyes in the area....

axiom-dec5-2014.jpg

Bird's eye view… Demolition of existing building ongoing while excavation prep begins along the perimeter.

Attachments

• axiom-dec5-2014.jpg
    axiom-dec5-2014.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 761

Back