Burlington Paradigm Condominiums (Burlington) | ?m | 18s | Molinaro Group | Graziani + Corazza

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
After all these years of sitting empty, the land between The Burlington GO Station and Walmart will see 5 condo towers built there with ground floor retail.
georgie.gartside@burlington.ca

http://cms.burlington.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=23029

The original landowner Buzza Realty Inc. and Chaparral Developments Ltd won OMB approval for height, with no limit on the number of units.

Council just approved it and yet to see the plan.

Lets hope there is a street edge as well a GO station edge.

Attachments

• fairview.jpg
    fairview.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,436
Last edited:
July 25
The land is being graded for the sales office and were saw cutting the driveway by Walmart for the driveway for the sales office. The Sign said the NewBulington with the website link linking back to the old site.
9376320198_d34d4fe3a8_b.jpg

9373495305_874560a129_b.jpg

9373577559_60c65cfb7c_b.jpg

Looks like the sales office will be open early 2014. A lot has been done since I last saw it a month ago when it was only a slab.
11093728996_d513c5d886_b.jpg

11093738845_91984c265a_b.jpg

11093723586_213ce7cfb8_b.jpg

I passed by this site today, and having seen the plans they have here and the size of the lot itself? Not a whole lot of room to work with, unless they remove a section of the adjacent Walmart parking lot. Otherwise not a lot of progress except of course the sales center.

I'm surprised we've not adopted the Japanese model, build high density over commuter train stations. This seems to be part of an Ontario plan to start building high density around Go transit hubs. I've recently put money down on a two bedroom in the first tower here. It won't be going up until late 2017 but it seems the Ontario government is willing to invest in Go Transit vs TTC. For, no doubt, for Machiavellian reasons. If the TTC is making everyone late by half an hour or an hour every day, there's zero level of government that really gives a crap. But if the lawyers, bankers, and politicians on the Lakeshore West line see their Go Train service decline, well, there will be hell to pay.

I know part of the deal, allowing the the developers to get the land and develop condos, involved creating some improvements to the actual station area. Which makes me think, the TTC could fund a relief line by letting condo developers build condos and stations together. Who wouldn't pay a premium to live in a condo, take an elevator down to a relief line station, and have a direct 6 station shot to downtown? TTC can build the line and basically get every station funded for free.

Last edited:
I noticed grading taking place the last month of the site and thought they were either getting ready for construction or Metrolinx was going to use it it temporary until they rebuilt the south parking lot.

Was told yesterday construction on the first of the 5 towers starts in Jan 2015 which is very fast considering how short it been market. Molinaro other building on Mapleview took a long time before being built.

Looking at the model, I noticed there is 3 levels of above ground parking with a plaza on top of it by the rail corridor. This is on top of the 3 underground level. Burlington is becoming more car city and taking the title away from Mississauga.
15478452428_a8a8e01900_b.jpg

15479035600_4e2820c585_b.jpg

I'm surprised we've not adopted the Japanese model, build high density over commuter train stations. This seems to be part of an Ontario plan to start building high density around Go transit hubs. I've recently put money down on a two bedroom in the first tower here. It won't be going up until late 2017 but it seems the Ontario government is willing to invest in Go Transit vs TTC. For, no doubt, for Machiavellian reasons. If the TTC is making everyone late by half an hour or an hour every day, there's zero level of government that really gives a crap. But if the lawyers, bankers, and politicians on the Lakeshore West line see their Go Train service decline, well, there will be hell to pay.

I know part of the deal, allowing the the developers to get the land and develop condos, involved creating some improvements to the actual station area. Which makes me think, the TTC could fund a relief line by letting condo developers build condos and stations together. Who wouldn't pay a premium to live in a condo, take an elevator down to a relief line station, and have a direct 6 station shot to downtown? TTC can build the line and basically get every station funded for free.

That's a bit optimistic. I do agree the TTC should really work with developers and integrate their stations with development more, however the reason it works so well in Japan is that both the transit system and the development lands are owned by a private company. They profit from the development, land leases and the riders that occupy the buildings.

Aug 20
I expect to see the first crane up or near ready as the west side is ready for one on my Sept 10 visit.

Over haft the hole should be dug that will see 2 more cranes to be up by year end.

I expect to see this building at grade before Metrolinx opens 100% the new GO Station and Bus Terminal next door that started almost 3 years ago. What a joke.
20580050110_69896bcf8d_b.jpg

20774923841_0ef9825bbc_b.jpg

20758572032_c055f47a79_b.jpg

20579997290_0ecf4c3ab1_b.jpg

20741780836_0ef909110b_b.jpg

Back