Mississauga Port Credit Marina Redevelopment | 77m | 22s | CLC

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Can't find the thread for this project as it was under X name, and the search engines are coming up empty. This the project name now and can be move if found.

This is the Marina lands in Port Credit.

Canada Lands Company (CLC) is the developer only and the area will be built by others.

The 2nd round of public Open House was held Thursday night. The next one will be in 2013 with more firm ideas and plans.

Roger du Toit of DTAH presented a number of ideas what can take place for the site based on the following areas: Mission Creek, San Francisco; East Harbour District 1, Amsterdam; Eastern Harbour District 3, Amsterdam; Christianshave Copenhagen; BoO1, Malmo Sweden; Granville Island Vancouver; Olympia Village Vancouver; as well a number of other places.

All the presentation material will be up on the site Friday at http://oneportstreet.ca

Since I saw a few of them while in Europe along with others, its in the right step, but needs more thinking on it.

The idea of the bike trail going around this development and public access to the water edge is great, but the bike trail to the north as well through this development need to be added.

The 3 parks are find to a point, but again more work needed for them as well how to add a Sugar Beach to the area and that idea was presented also.

This area needs to be a 365 day place to visit and do thing there, as well visiting the retail and boat marina, including holding events there. A place to Live, Work and Play.

Height is a real sticking point and not surprise, but 6-8 storey is how high I would want to see there with no Townhouses.

This area is a public domain area for everyone, not a few that can afford to live there.

Issues surround the storage of boats as well getting cars to them was the big issue, since parking is a real issue in the first place.

Some think the whole area should be dug out and have underground parking with boat storage being built first before the rest of the development. Surprise at the talk of underground parking and a very strong support for it.

There were issues with the propose LRT on Port St, as some see it stopping a Elizabeth St well other see Stavebank as another location. I say Stavebank should be the location. Another idea has surface which I support, is taking the LRT south of Port St at Stavebank into the development. Its supported by the City as well CLC and the design team at this time, with the the LRT team is looking at it.

I don't like the idea of square blocks, since this is one location you could put in diagonal streets for pedestrians only, with retail and commercial at the base.

Other think a replacement for NO Frills should go in here while others think a convention centre with a hotel should be added.

Boater were very concern at the possibility of loosing 100 jobs, force to relocate elsewhere due to not being able to store boats or get to their boat by car.

There was an idea pitch to have the area modify so a ferry could dock there as well having a water taxi service to various place along the lake. Water taxi may work, but don't think the ferry would.

There needs to be a view of the waterfront not only Port St, but also from Elizabeth, Stavebank and the east side of the area.

One thing people forget in Port Credit is road capacity and lack of it. You only have 1 east-west road that is single lane as well 1 true north-south road that is double. In May, you have the marathon race on the Lakeshore that close the road off as well various events. You cannot put more cars on the roads down the road and there need a more push for transit to the area, otherwise, you got gridlock 365 days of the year.

Last edited:
Mods you can add height from 4-14 as well 8 buildings as noted on the photos.

The last public meeting for creating the Master Plan for the site was held Thursday Night.

Based on comments, CLC could flip this site when the leases come up for renewal or sooner since they aren't a developer nor a builder, but want to make sure there is a approved plan in place before doing it. CLC wants to make sure various loop holes and strict guidelines are in place when this project get off the ground. It was said that this development can take up to 20 years to built once zero hour has arrived for it.

The biggest complaint from the public was parking, height, number of residents, cost to live there, lost of boat storage space as well getting their car down to their boat.

Like it or not, boat storage takes up value land and pay little for it. The days are number for doing that and how and where to store them is still an on going case. One idea was creating floating barges for storage. If one travels around Mississauga, you will find all sizes of boat store on driveways or the lawn and totally unacceptable.

One person who I work with on part of the Queens Quay was beside me and was pushing for A class office space in place of residential as it would have a higher tax return, offer employment that is one of goal for this development as well free up parking space at night and weekends. I have a big issue with that if all of this site was all office, but don't have an issue with a building or 2 or part of a building.

The ground floor is to be retail and again I have issues with all of it being that. I can see the outer edge being retail, but the centre being residential. All ground levels will have higher than normal ceiling height to all any type of business to be located there.

CLC is pushing to have the LRT Station on the west side than on Port St and I support the idea. It will be able to be extended over the Port Credit Harbour to connect to the Imperial Oil development land on the west side, but that 20+ years down the road at this time unless that plan can move faster.

The east break wall could be widen to allow boater to take their car down to drop off/pickup items, but not to park there. It would be open to the public as well without cars.

Since the water is deep enough, you could have cruise ship leave or visit that area for docking as well having boat-hotel that is found in Europe on the waterfront.
More to follow
8540124482_740788676c_b.jpg

8539018325_2488bb3e16_b.jpg

8540126202_541841fece_b.jpg

8539018841_a4ee82c633_b.jpg

Amsterdam
8139530277_2b733b9552_b.jpg

Amazing! I genuinely do believe that Port Credit will eventually become a fantastic place to live in and visit. It already is for those of us who are interested in local history and urban issues, but in the future it could be a super functional mixed use mixed income self-sufficient community.

Public Information Centre - 1 Port Street East Proposed Marina Project

Jul 09, 2019

In 2016, City Council approved the Inspiration Port Credit Master Plan, which included a marina at 1 Port Street East as part of the vision.

The City of Mississauga is beginning an environmental assessment under the Environmental Assessment Act for the 1 Port Street East Proposed Marina Project. The environmental assessment will study a proposed expanded land base for additional waterfront parkland. It will also examine any marina alternatives for the existing site. As an introduction to the project, the City is inviting local-area residents, businesses, stakeholders and the boating community to a public information centre on July 18.

What:
Public Information Centre – 1 Port Street East Proposed Marina Project

Who:
Local-area residents and businesses
Boaters and those who use the existing marina
Port Credit BIA
Local Ratepayer and Community Groups
City staff

When:
Thursday, July 18, 2019

Time:
Open House 4 to 8 p.m.
Presentation 6:30 p.m.

Where:
Clarke Memorial Hall
161 Lakeshore R.W.
Mississauga, ON
[MAP]

The community will be engaged throughout the project and will be given opportunities to provide input.

For more information about the project, visit mississauga.ca/1portstreeteast.

I was just looking into this project and I see that the city of Mississauga website says its still "in progress"... are there any updates to this project anywhere else?

Back