Toronto 383 Sorauren Avenue | 33.83m | 10s | Gairloch | a—A

architectsAlliance is clearly enamoured with the grid-facade treatment seen here. Brant Park, 60 Colborne, 383 Sorauren...all seems a bit PoMo, but I can't say I dislike it. the historicism with the brick is a bit much, however understandable considering this building's warehouse-conversion neighbours.

From what I can tell :: Project is by "The Woodbridge Company" -- Thomson Family

The developer is Gairloch Ltd., headed by former VP at Freed.

Can the powers that be change the developer.

WOW!!!! So glad I sold when I did!!! I lived in the Robert Watson Lofts when they were first converted over (2007) and sold 2 years later because of excessive noise. Had I not sold my view would be COMPLETELY obstructed by this building. I would literally be looking straight into the neighbour's windows. Yikes!

Just found out the person I sold too also just sold it after just 2 years, I wonder if she knew this was coming... I assume that's got to hurt resale value.

WOW!!!! So glad I sold when I did!!! I lived in the Robert Watson Lofts when they were first converted over (2007) and sold 2 years later because of excessive noise. Had I not sold my view would be COMPLETELY obstructed by this building. I would literally be looking straight into the neighbour's windows. Yikes!

Just found out the person I sold too also just sold it after just 2 years, I wonder if she knew this was coming... I assume that's got to hurt resale value.

This building seems like a great fit to an already amazing place to live. Really like the architecture - it fits in the context of the neighbourhood. I think that the building and added residents are likely to add value to surrounding properties as the neighbourhood continues to grow.

architectsAlliance is clearly enamoured with the grid-facade treatment seen here. Brant Park, 60 Colborne, 383 Sorauren...all seems a bit PoMo, but I can't say I dislike it. the historicism with the brick is a bit much, however understandable considering this building's warehouse-conversion neighbours.

Brick is historicist?

Personally I like to see a leitmotif in a body of work. It lends cohesion and creates more of a statement in a city/region. Bullfinch didn't need to keep re-inventing his wheel, for example, and I'm glad for it because it's a big part of what I identify with Boston.

Love the look and location of this development. It is hard to find even a shitty house in this neighborhood for under 800k. Hopefully this building will provide a range of different unit sizes and prices. The demand for Robert Watson Lofts to the South of this property seems to be really high.

The demand for Robert Watson Lofts to the South of this property seems to be really high.

High turn over though. As people quickly realize how noisy and poorly converted it is. Most people there only a few years.

lolz, I know ppl that live in RWL. That place is filled with single 20-30something women who probably will always remain single...as long as they live there. It's also divided between those that bought in the old retrofitted section and the new build. I would agree the location while desireable, also is not so much thanks to the upcoming GO line expansion.

But I want this project built--it may be the best building I've seen this cycle.

Back