News   Mar 28, 2024
 286     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

Board seems to be running very slow

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pages taking forever to load from me. Checked on my phone and same issue. Given the lack of traffic over the last little while I'd say others are experiencing the same thing.

Although it's a lot worse lately, I have always had trouble with this site. About 25% of the time I just give up because it's so slow or unresponsive. I come here less and less and don't post as much as I used to.

I think UT needs a new webhost.. never seen it so slow before

Forum traffic hasn't broken any new records either "Most users ever online was 563, 2011-May-18 at 21:48"

I think UT needs a new webhost.. never seen it so slow before

Forum traffic hasn't broken any new records either "Most users ever online was 563, 2011-May-18 at 21:48"

Getting time out errors a lot lately; I didn't used to have problems with it -- has only been the last couple of weeks.

My last post took 1 1/2 hours to post, I kept getting time out errors. I cannot believe that it's simply due to excessive traffic. Is there an issue with the host?

UT was overloaded with traffic due to the Mirvish+Gehry situation. It appears to have been a perfect storm caused by the story being broken here on UT, plus the additional users seeking info about the Mirvish Gehry project (which produced 30 pages of conversation on the forum in just a week). Traffic started building up on September 29th and seemed to peak on October 2nd. It has sped up a bit since then but speed is still an issue (at least for me).

Weird. I haven't experienced any of this slowness. Maybe because I tend to post later in the day when I do.

Back