Mississauga Oro at Edge Towers | ?m | 50s | Solmar | Rosario Varacalli

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The lands are/were up for sale early this week as a parcel, but the sign is gone now.

If the this parcel as well the land the city has for the hydro building next to this parcel and the land at Hurontario St, this would make one great site for 3 towers with a continue podium for the whole site. This would cover the area next to the 3 Amacon buildings.

I can see a continue 6-10 storey podium with 35 storey towers at both corners and one in the middle. Going to very hard to get the city to agree to anything over 35 based on what there now. It would be nice if taller building were allow considering it would help the LRT line on Hurontario St, as well route 8 & 3 bus route that service Elm Dr now.

Retail at the base would be nice, but going to be hard to do and there need to be 5 meter sidewalk in front of them if so. If not, only 3.5 meter sidewalk and setback edge for the building.

I understand the land for the 11 homes on this site went for $30 million with one going for $3.5m that was a shack.

The plan call for 1,600 units on this site.

No idea when the plan will surface, but supposed to be this year.

That could be 4-6 towers with podiums.

With this size of development plan for this area, it continue to support the relocation of the LRT stop at Central Parkway to Elm, since it see more riders today with buses.

Thanks for the update, drum! Was just thinking about this site yesterday when I commented on The Maze at 45 Agnes.

Hoping for some unique buildings here.

Solmar condos (MCC (Hurontario/Elm), Solmar, 4 towers from 35-50s, ??)

Fairly large site. Most, if not all, the houses were bought as one lot.

http://solmar.ca/
DSCN3110_zpsb797784c.jpg

DSCN3111_zps764d3162.jpg

DSCN3114_zps82f25a7b.jpg

DSCN3115_zps006c1842.jpg

DSCN3118_zps9ce28a5c.jpg

DSCN3109_zpsa5af849c.jpg

DSCN3107_zps8637d7e1.jpg

may be used as a sales office:
DSCN3116_zpsbcba2d9e.jpg

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=a9ca0fe097650983333bb032fd4ab830d904687b&projectid=9194335&region=ontario

CONDO APARTMENT TOWERS, RETAIL Proj: 9194335-1
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
SW Hurontario St & Elm Dr, L5B
$200,000,000 est
Note: Project is conceptual in the early stages of planning. Timelines to submit development applications to the city for approvals have yet to be determined. Further update fall 2014.
Project: construction of four condo apartment towers (between 35-50 storeys) with approximately 1,367 units and retail space at grade.
Scope: 50 storeys; 4 structures; 1367 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services
Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
This report Fri Jan 31, 2014.

This is for a fifth tower and will reside where the blue house now sits, at least according to the layout.
http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=bdd7b9d8e99c83947451a295a8f8f6f686612c65&projectid=9194338&region=ontario

CONDO APARTMENT BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9194338-1
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
SW Hurontario St & Elm Dr, L5B
$50,000,000 est
Note: Project is conceptual in the early stages of planning. Timelines to submit development applications to the city for approvals have yet to be determined. Further update fall 2014.
Project: construction of a condo apartment tower with 291 units and retail space at grade.
Scope: 35 storeys; 291 units
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services
Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
This report Fri Jan 31, 2014.

Here is the video from today's committee meeting (information only session). I was only able to get about 11 minutes.
[video=youtube;QyIMNiZ4m_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyIMNiZ4m_Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]
The common complaints by the nearby residences were: height, density, traffic, transit, blocking views, property values will go down because there will be more condos and newer condos in the area. A lot of emotion and passion in the room...
The common complaints/conditions, to name a few, by council were: firm commitment by provincial government regarding funding (if PCs win it's a no go as the Tories have said that they will kill the LRT) for the LRT otherwise it's a no go for all new development for new construction in the downtown core, extension of Kariya drive and Web drive, density. The next meeting on this would not be until next year.

Some early drafts:
elm5_zps96e86910.png

elm6_zps5b586108.png

elm3_zps0694cb9b.png

elm2_zps5ee82b3a.png

elm1_zpsf3bdb00e.png

Stand alone condos in the park is the past and need the continue face on Elm.

The developer is only planning 60% parking under my recommendation of 75%.

The west tower will be built first as that is where the day care will be.

The standard BS from the residents as to sunlight, blocking my view, Oh!! someone can look into my unit on the 7th floor, more parking, too tall and so on.

Retail on Hurontario and the corner of Elm.

Lot of support for the bend towers.

Told the developer that a 6-10 story podiums along Elm with townhouses was the way to go. He said that what the local residents call for at last week meeting that most people including myself were not aware of.

There is to be a task force setup to deal with various issues and redesigning before the report is brought back to council in 2015. Both the local councilor as well my councilor want to freeze all development in the city core as well this one and the one at Mathew Gates until the LRT is funded and to be built.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=a9ca0fe097650983333bb032fd4ab830d904687b&projectid=9194335&region=ontario

CONDO APARTMENT TOWERS, RETAIL Proj: 9194335-2
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
24-64 Elm Dr W and 3528-3536 Hurontario St, L5B
$200,000,000 est
Note: Project planning is underway. Owner has submitted an application for official plan amendment and rezoning approvals to the city; public consultation process is underway. Concept plan has also been submitted for review. Further update fall 2014.
Project: construction of four condo apartment towers (between 35-50 storeys) with approximately 1,367 units and retail space at grade. Details are as follows: Building A - 35 storeys; Building B - 40 storeys; Building C - 45 storeys; Building D - 50 storeys.
Scope: 50 storeys; 4 structures; 1367 units
First report Fri Jan 31, 2014.
This report Thu Jun 05, 2014.

These may get approved being that the LRT has been given the go-ahead. When this project went to council, approval (i'm sure with some changes) was deferred until the outcome of the LRT.

I think lots of developments, including this one, are going to pop up now that the HMLRT has been funded. I also think council will approve lots more due to LRT being able to move lots of people.

As an IMPORTANT side note, this thread is not linked to in the "Database" page for it. See for yourself: http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/24-64-elm-drive-west

Back