News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 737     0 

Plan On Moving To Toronto, Need Info.

marcl

Member Bio
Reaction score
I plan on moving to Toronto soon, and need info. I used to come to Toronto regularly, because a few of my friends lived here at the time, this was of course years ago, and I've since lost contact with them.

What I want to know is what areas to avoid, that have a drug & prostitution problem.

I know 10+ years ago, it was the Sherbourne/Queen E, etc. areas -- I know this, because one of my friends lived close to this area -- but having come down recently to look at a few places I see it's been somewhat cleaned up, there are a lot less hookers & dealers on the street it seems to me.

Did they get moved, and if so, where, as my first priority is my safety, and I don't really want to end up moving to an area that's rampant with this issue.

Last edited:
If you're thinking of buying, personally I'd recommend renting for a year or so first. Either way, it also depends on where you'll be spending most of your time, what type of things you like, and what your budget is. Also, do you have a car?

Look for rentals or condos near the Regent Park area. This area is shaking off the downtrodden and will be a great area in a few short years.
Maybe, but it depends on the spot. It's still rougher there in 2012 than King and Queen West were in the 1990s.

Hi there,

There are areas in both the east and west parts of Toronto. The Landsdowne and Bloor areas are not always the safest, and parts of Queen E. as you mentioned are quite shady.

Regent Park was seen as a NO Destination, but improving quite fast with new developments and residents coming in.

Hope that helps.

-AMJ
http://www.amjwesternontario.com/

I plan on moving to Toronto soon, and need info. I used to come to Toronto regularly, because a few of my friends lived here at the time, this was of course years ago, and I've since lost contact with them.

What I want to know is what areas to avoid, that have a drug & prostitution problem.

I know 10+ years ago, it was the Sherbourne/Queen E, etc. areas -- I know this, because one of my friends lived close to this area -- but having come down recently to look at a few places I see it's been somewhat cleaned up, there are a lot less hookers & dealers on the street it seems to me.

Did they get moved, and if so, where, as my first priority is my safety, and I don't really want to end up moving to an area that's rampant with this issue.

What area of Toronto are you planning to move into? North York? or close to the Old Toronto?

Back