News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Bay/Scollard Row Houses

allabootmatt

Member Bio
Reaction score
Noticed today that the pretty rowhouses at the NE corner of Bay and Scollard appear to have been emptied of their tenants. I seem to remember a discussion of these buildings somewhere on the boards but am unable to locate it.

I'm hopeful the City isn't going to allow a spec demolition here, esp given the sensitivites in the ward following the recent one on Wellesley. But no doubt the owner of these quite pretty structures, which look like they could host nice retail with a bit of TLC, are eyeing the Four Seasons sales centre to the east and the parking lot to the north and looking to sell to a developer.

If these are knocked down, it'll be a damn shame--especially for a parking lot that will stay in plaçe for what, five years? We should be preserving buildings like this in the core wherever possible.

Noticed today that the pretty rowhouses at the NE corner of Bay and Scollard appear to have been emptied of their tenants. I seem to remember a discussion of these buildings somewhere on the boards but am unable to locate it.

I'm hopeful the City isn't going to allow a spec demolition here, esp given the sensitivites in the ward following the recent one on Wellesley. But no doubt the owner of these quite pretty structures, which look like they could host nice retail with a bit of TLC, are eyeing the Four Seasons sales centre to the east and the parking lot to the north and looking to sell to a developer.

If these are knocked down, it'll be a damn shame--especially for a parking lot that will stay in plaçe for what, five years? We should be preserving buildings like this in the core wherever possible.

the houses are pure junk. no value in saving them.

the houses are pure junk. no value in saving them.

+1

Even if they get reno'd. Still it'd be sad to see a surface parking lot regardless.

I'm wondering about that brown brick c1980 thing on the *NW* corner; seems like a development target spot...

+1

Even if they get reno'd. Still it'd be sad to see a surface parking lot regardless.

it might only be short-term pain though....might be worth having it sit vacant for a few years if the end result (whatever that may be) is worth the wait.

it might only be short-term pain though....might be worth having it sit vacant for a few years if the end result (whatever that may be) is worth the wait.

I think someone reported as much in another form regarding this site, a while back.

Back