News   Apr 26, 2024
 221     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 703     0 

Little House of Kebobs, 357 Yonge Street

Southoftheborder

Member Bio
Reaction score
This evening I went out in the heat (followed by rain), went to the train depot, recovered my laptop and charger, then walked up Yonge Street to Bloor. The blurb from the tourist bureau says Yonge Street is the longest road in the province. But, I tell ya, just walking from the depot to Bloor seems to me to be the longest walk of my life. It just goes on and on and on. The good part is all the variety of shops you go by. Seems like every Asian immigrant decided "I'll have my own business on Yonge Street". On my way up, I stopped at The Little House of Kebobs. They have just about every conceivable kebob. I had the lamb chop kebob. It was marinated and charred lamb chops, basmati rice, naan, and salad. The prep of the lamb was out of this world. There was a section of broiled tomato. I could eat a whole huge meal of charbroiled veggies. And there was a salad mostly of greens and tomato. But what was special there was the dressing. It had some kind of vinegar in it, and it also had one or more herbs I couldn't place. The whole combination was a perfect complement to the lamb. Whole meal was $14. They have so many internationally-renowned places in this city, but my heart belongs to these little places. I remember a store on Gerrard Street selling snacks out front. The Indian woman sold me the components of pani puri and explained to me how to make them. So I proceeded to make and eat an order of pani puri. Just like on Indian roads in Bollywood movies!!! I guess "memories are made of this".

Back